Well it is totaled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.supafly

Marksman
Reaction score
It was a 97 and the wife ran it into a rock & concrete support beam at our dentist. Santa Fe Dental for anyone needing a good dentist. Whole front passenger side will need replaced along with the hood, air bags, headlight, radiator, etc. Frame may be bent a little too from the looks of it.
Yikes... So sad for the RAV, hope your wife is OK! If it's the 4WD like mine, PM me if you're interested in selling it as-is. I might could use some parts off it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a 97 and the wife ran it into a rock & concrete support beam at our dentist. Santa Fe Dental for anyone needing a good dentist. Whole front passenger side will need replaced along with the hood, air bags, headlight, radiator, etc. Frame may be bent a little too from the looks of it.

Bent the frame? On a vertical column on the sidewalk of an office building?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc appointments and grocery getter can look like ****, but drive perfect. Park it in the garage at home out of sight for the neighbors . And people more apt to not park to close to you, might give respect when you back out of a Handicap Parking Spot! If it can be done like @swampratt suggest, be a no brainer.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a thing some people do not know about full coverage when your vehicle gets totaled by the insurance company.

They say it is totaled we will send you a check for 2,500 as that is all it is worth.
Now look for comparable vehicles in your area same make model and same mileage and condition.
If what you find is nothing less than 4,500 then tell the insurance company that.

Most times you will end up with a larger check.

But Wait+++++++THAT'S NOT ALL.

They tell you they will pick up the vehicle basically it is no longer yours.

BS you tell them you will give me my money and I will keep the vehicle.
Or sometimes they come right out and tell you that you can buy it back for a certain amount.

250 bucks sometimes.

But you can no longer get full coverage on it as it is now a rebuilt title vehicle.
But that is not true in all circumstances.

I have always kept my busted insurance pay me money vehicles.
It was always the other guy though and I have never had full coverage on any vehicle.

But I have went round and round with insurance companies a few times.

One insurance guy was a real pr^$& and got cocky face to face in my yard, I lived in Spencer and had a Fort Knox fence around my property cedar slabs.
I told him you will pay me my money and i will keep the car.
And informed him he is in the wrong town and I will make him disappear quick like.
So he better straighten up.
Wrong part of town brother.
He did and he got to leave and I kept my car and got my money.

I sometimes hate insurance people.
They think they got you by the gonads.

I am not so mean anymore but I do know what is what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom