Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a small doe around 9AM saturday morning. Today I had four does walk past me about 80 yards out, never came close enough for a shot. No bucks at all...Just small does. Hoping to see some antlers whenever I can make it to the Pushmataha WMA.

You people who are saying it's too early to shoot does are crazy...You know you get four right?

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot 2 big does last night. No fawns with them. One was dry but other had milk. Maybe baby got shot. Internet is down at home but will post pics later.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this was the show off shot deer thread???? O well I am spamming it up to. I saw A nice little 1.5 year old 8 pt I let walk because he will grow up to be a nice buck. Saw 11 does as well opening morning. This evening I saw a little 6 pt 1-2 years old. He got a pass too. Hoping The good karma of passing all these little young guys pays off soon!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got up at 4:45 this morning to get ready and jump in the car. Not to head to the lease but to head home from St. Louis. I pulled in the driveway at 1:45. I scrambled to get everything unloaded change clothes and kiss the Mrs. Goodbye. Out of the house at 2:30. topped the truck's tank off then picked up some lunch. 1:45 later I'm pulling in the lease.

Should have picked a different blind. Mine turned up zip. Still corn on the ground from this morning. I did a quick loop after sunset and checked one other camera. Dang it if that 10pt buck didn't show up at 7pm. just enough light to poke an arrow through him. Oh well. Always next time. Friday night and Saturday morning.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one pig.... two pig.... three pig.... I stopped counting at 15. Whatever the total count was we can minus one from that group!

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was the show off shot deer thread???? O well I am spamming it up to. I saw A nice little 1.5 year old 8 pt I let walk because he will grow up to be a nice buck. Saw 11 does as well opening morning. This evening I saw a little 6 pt 1-2 years old. He got a pass too. Hoping The good karma of passing all these little young guys pays off soon!

dubs, i was going to go back and edit the title and text to say "2011-2012 official deer pic thread", but i was to late to edit. i like the stories , but WE WANT PICS TOO!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother killed these 2 last night, one at 6:20 and the other at 6:45. Both barely made it out of sight and he didn't even have to blood trail. Both shot at 10 yrds with a recurve SW of Stillwater. I had told the butcher to expect him in with a deer last night. The spot he was hunting had lots of deer coming into it on camera every night.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Darrell2011.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my story. Camped out with brother's and some other family and all bowhunting. Everyone was seeing deer and we had one doe shot opening morning. I had a little 3 pt under me for 10 minutes opening morning but he had me pegged and I could not move and didn't want to shoot a little buck anyway. I saw deer close each hunt but every one of them pegged me in the tree and took off. I was wearing glasses and camo makeup on my face and don't know if the glasses were shining or what. Finally put my contacts on and a face mask when I went out Sunday afternoon. Had 2 does come in from the same spot one had spotted me in the tree that morning and neither one ever looked toward me. They fed on some corn I had put out a week earlier and I let them calm down awhile till one of them was good and broadside. I shot it and hit high on the shoulder and only got about 6 inches of penetration. The deer was carrying it's left leg up as it ran and I was worried about the shot. As it turned out, that deer didn't go 75 yrds and piled up with a good lung shot. The other deer jumped a few feet at the shot and stopped under some overhanging limbs. I nocked another arrow and when she stepped into a hole that I could shoot through, I shot her and she took out like on fire. I heard the hit but she was standing in some shadows and I did not see where the shot went and never saw the arrow when she tore past me heading back the was she came. I stayed quiet for 30 minutes and then snuck out and met the other guys at camp and we went to look. Found the first one immediately and then started looking for #2. Never found any blood but did not find arrow either and I was just sure she looked hit when she ran past. Could not find her so I hunted the last hunt Mon morning in another stand and then picked up one of the other guys and we went back to search. We never found blood but after about 30 minutes, I walked up on her in some open timber and spotted the white belly hair. I had hit her high behind the rib cage and the arrow angled forward and came out about the middle of her rib cage on the same side it entered on. Had hit liver and one lung. The arrow was still in her when I found her. She had made about 300 yards before expiring and the arrow had not cut the stomach so she smelled and looked good. It was really good to find her. I had shot 2 deer out of a tree about 20 yards from the one I was in on a hunt 5 yrs ago and they both fell within 50 yards or where I found her. Here is the hero pic with my brother and one of our buddies.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_2011Does.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom