Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was revisiting the thread, and realized I never posted my granddaughter's deer.

[Broken External Image]

Just outside of Broken Bow, same place my son got his.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Impressive season DownDeep, especially getting it done on public ground, way to go man. And congrats to your granddaughter Pulp, that has to be an awesome feeling for you both!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
congrats to your granddaighter pulp. went out to the lease looking for some more jerky meat last night. we have two nice doe that we see often. big girls with low hanging,dark briskets, that hang around. luckily one of them stepped out first. 100 yards and dropped in her tracks.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PC160379.jpg

over the ridge from me my buddys son got a buck with his first outing with his new bow. the second deer for him with a bow this year. gotta hand it to him,he never took a MZ or rifle out this year. he said its to easy with a gun, he might be right!
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PC160380.jpg

i didn't realize how big this ol gal was until i got her hung up this morning.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PC170381.jpg

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dlbleak, that is one nice big fat doe, happy eating! I tried to get a doe last weekend and all I saw were little bucks.........I should have been out there this morning but I had to work, may get to go this evening, doesn't look like I am gonna get to go Sat or Sunday, I hate to eat that $20.00 Holiday doe tag I bought.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got out in the snow storm and just about froze my azz off. Visibility was about 400 yds, and I had my back to the wind. It was getting late, and looked behind me to see a buck and 3 does feeding in the wheat. Range finder confirmed a 310 yd shot, so I figured the wind drift to be around 12" at that distance with the AR. I pulled the trigger, and kicked up mud in front of her. I was so focused on getting the right dope for the shot, that I didn't notice the wind had layed down for a couple of seconds. Oh well. Still lots more season left.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
dlbleak, that is one nice big fat doe, happy eating! I tried to get a doe last weekend and all I saw were little bucks.........I should have been out there this morning but I had to work, may get to go this evening, doesn't look like I am gonna get to go Sat or Sunday, I hate to eat that $20.00 Holiday doe tag I bought.

thanks,thats the first doe i couldn't get in the truck myself. sounds like you need to invest in a lifetime. best money you'll ever spend!
dennis,we nevr got any of that snow,wish we would have. remember a couple of years back whwn we got about 6 inches that last weekend of the doe hunt? the next day was calm and warm. a beautiful day to be in the stand,you could see a deer coming through the thick stuff easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom