Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that sucks. i've heard more stories this year about guys backing out til the morning only to find a head and backbone. the yotes had a tough year also,guess they're making up for it.
That just means we need to get out there soon dlbleak. You too if you want tacticallii. I'm always up for joining someone on a coyote hunt!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let a few bucks walk, nothing worth shooting/processing.
Shot two does - 110 yards and 360 yards with 6.5x47 . Sorry for crappy pic.
i44.tinypic.com_f5bms4.jpg

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no new pics yet today? i know theres gotta be some people on here that had some luck this morning. i seen a 4 point and a 6 point, but no shooters, both were following does. around 730 or 800 someone in the field next to mine shot 6 times. the last shot i could hear ricochet through the creek in my direction. i waited about 30 minutes and then got down to go see if someone had shot something on my land. as i got down i heard 2 shots the other direction to the east of me about 400 yards towards the road. i got the binoculars up and could see a couple deer running. someone in a dodge truck seen them and whipped in the filed, fired two shots at them, and then hauled ass out of there. ill be keeping an eye out for that truck from now on.

oh, a pic posted while i was typin this. hah. nice moboost. what were u using? lapua?

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are some nice bucks and congrats on the does too. I didn't have much action today. I was out all day and only saw 2 deer. Hope some people had some better luck than me.

ChaseH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well another successful couple evenings in the blind. I took a little button buck last night with my bow. Thought it was a little doe until I got up on it. Crosswind blew the arrow back and he ducked so it caught him just under the spine about half way down his back. It dropped him and I had to go cut the throat. Not proud of the shot placement at all but it didn't suffer long. Tonight it was right at the same time within 5 minutes of legal shooting ending. Was doing one last look over before I crawled out. Seen the little white head of my cactus buck and instantly knew it was him at about 75 yards. Dropped him where he stood and broke one of his only long antlers as soon as I picked his head up. Counted the points and he measured R12 and L8 over 1 inch, lots of little ones under. I am so pumped. I was going to do a euro mount on it but decided to just do a full head. He has to be the only 20 point deer to measure under 35 inches lol. Forgot to aim a little low on him since he was so close and it went up higher than I like but it hit both lungs and put him down instantly. Here are a few pics of the two of them. Anyone notice something that's missing from the cactus deer?

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_imagejpeg_2.jpg

i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_imagejpeg_3.jpg

My little sister strikes again..she killed a 145" buck last yr opening weekend, tonight she topped him with a 190 pound 12 point..were going to take better pics tomorrow..this deer is wide and massive, he'll score good..

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
this year seemed a little slow at my buddies farm. lots of little bucks and does. these two were the only ones that were worth shooting. my friend on the right comes in from georgia to hunt and takes an identical 8 almost every time. braden,the kid, is banned from ever coming back! thats a 14 point brute. the little sucker got a 12 two years ago. he manages to get the biggest deer every year!
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PB190368.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom