Well Played, Popeye's. Well Played.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2018/12/doofus-of-day-1033.html

Doofus Of The Day #1,033

Today's award goes to People Eating Tasty Animals People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). By overreacting in the most hysterically over-the-top way to a restaurant food promotion, they've ensured that a local (one-city-only) promotion has people talking about it all across the country.

Popeyes, a US fast-food fried chicken franchise, recently launched a promotion at Philadelphia's airport. With all the fuss about fake "emotional support animals", the local operator figured that a play on words would help sell more chicken: so they started selling an "emotional support chicken meal". Click the images for a larger view.

PETA promptly lost its collective marbles. It's produced this hit job aimed at shaming the restaurant into withdrawing its promotion.

PETA's frothing-at-the-mouth overreaction has, of course, made Popeye's promotion go viral, nationwide. From a simple local promotion at a single airport, I understand people all over the country are starting to ask for it. Heck, here in North Texas, with only a relatively small municipal airport in the vicinity, I've heard folks talking and laughing about it! Way to go, PETA. You've probably killed more chickens (for Popeye's to fry) with your protest than died from natural causes over the past half a year or so. I might just go to the nearest Popeye's and add to their profits, just to raise a middle digit at their critics!

(My favorite emotional support animal is still the one said to have been registered by the owner of Dreadnaught Industries here in Texas. I'm told that, fed up with all the fuss over the issue, he spent the money to get official paperwork for his own emotional support animal - a longhorn steer! That caused a lot of gigglage in this neck of the woods, as people visualized him trying to take it on board an airliner. The imagined reaction of the poor lady at the boarding gate led to hilarity, to put it mildly!)

Peter​

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could use an emotional support chicken.... Good eating right there. The only chicken that is better than Popeye's is Chicken Express, now that is some good emotional support.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Count on an anti-American organization like PETA to object to American ingenuity and innovation in marketing. I'd buy one just to get the box for future use.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am ready to face the world and have never felt better than when I've walked outta Popeye's with a full belly. Damn fine bird.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Official paperwork for an emotional support animal... can't you get that online? Or a vest on Ebay? I mean, in the size of a longhorn steer, it might be a little higher for the custom tailoring, but...

From my understanding*, there is no official paperwork or vetting of any emotional support animal, nor do they incur any special privileges. Many people confuse them with official Service Animals, provided for under the Americans with Disabilities Act - and the only ones that qualify are dogs and miniature horses.

I'm not knocking Popeye's here... just spreading the message. I've had to turn down numerous requests from individuals wishing to get some kind of "official" paperwork for their supposed "emotional support animal."

*IANAL

Latest posts

Top Bottom