Wen generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m looking at a Wen 2250 inverter generator. Hondas price point is a deal breaker and Westinghouse customer support also a no go. So anyone have a Wen 2250? Good/bad what say you.
DA14142E-9D77-481B-8397-155F04D008FC.jpeg
864A1556-ABB3-4F06-8013-B9135AF0F5F3.jpeg

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. It's a good unit if you break it in properly (put in some decent oil, then run it at various load levels for an hour each, then change the oil again).

You can buy an aftermarket oil fill plug with a magnet. Fuel gauge on top is nice, and it's easy to run it on the bowl (not the tank) before you shut it off for long term storage. Also has a convenient carb bowl drain if you want to empty all the fuel out.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i have the A-ipower or whatever of basically the same model.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/sua2300i-2300w-inverter-gen/prod22271213?xid=plp_product_8
essentially the exact same genny. snagged two of them from sam's last winter for a good price. they come with wires for running them parallel and it seems to work fine. just be sure to ground.

starts with just a pull or two, run them once a month or so just to keep them lubed. haven't *needed* them yet, so i can't say as to running for days/weeks. but i ran a fridge, tv, and computer for an hour or so on them with seemingly no trouble.

actually looks like with the a-ipower you get a 12v plug and an l5 30 amp receptacle. you also get the digital output for gas, power, low oil, available volts, hours left on current load, it's actually pretty nice.

now that i look at them, i'd go with that model.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had my Honda Gen for 10 years. Its never been serviced and haven't had a single problem with it. Starts up every time

How much is the Wen?

If the Honda isn't too far out of your price range, Id try hard to save for the Honda.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you look at a gen that’s already dual fuel - it’s really nice being able to pull out a 20-lb bottle of propane that’s been sitting for years, and not worry about the fuel being bad. Less efficient, yes, but I think it’s a very good trade-off.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah last winter right before one of those big ice storms hit, i went to harbor freight to look at cheap gennies. they were sold out, everything was gone, people were going crazy.

on a whim, i said "let's go into this sam's" to my gf. sure enough, they had several pallets of those a-ipower gennies for i want to say $350. i wasn't familiar with them, but given the circumstances i put two in the cart and never looked back.

upon doing a little research, pretty sure they are the same yamaha generator that is sold as several different models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom