Went to buy an iPad 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are ordering 3 could you school me on the why get an ipad.
Just really curious and have no experiance with anything other than a
laptop computer. Thanks, Bud

Because they're extremely cool and they're much more convenient for many things you do on a computer than using anything with a folding screen/keyboard. Once you hold one you want one, if for no other reason than to play Angry Birds. It's that simple. No justification needed.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It does most of what people use a laptop for and there is nothing better for casual web surfing. It has gotten much closer to a laptop replacement in in the last few months due to some new apps that make it easier to move files back and forth.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Best Buy in West Tulsa got a few 64 gb, 3G iPads in today. I did get lucky enough to snag one. Woot!! Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

clk1019

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response...

Since you are ordering 3 could you school me on the why get an ipad.
Just really curious and have no experiance with anything other than a
laptop computer. Thanks, Bud

I use one for email and calendar access as well as a quick web look up when I'm out of my office. I also use it for notes in meetings, and transfer contracts and quotes for vendors so I have them available for executive management when they ask. Basically, I find myself in situations where I do not need the full power of a "real" laptop, but still need the communications and larger screen. This satisfies those needs with a small, lightweight, easy to use option.

Just curious--why are you getting 3?

These 3 are for work, my department uses them on the floor to update and check for new IT tickets in the system (web based) so they don't have to waste time going to the NOC only to return to the tech floor etc...

When you said you ordered one off the internet and it should be here in a week, where did you order it from? The Apple store says they're not shipping any until April 1st.

Kelly, thank you for all the work you do for the members!

When I ordered about 3:15am Friday from Apple they had a 3-5 day turnaround, when I went back later Friday afternoon they were at a 2 week turnaround. The other vendor is supposed to ship the end of next week.

CK

Latest posts

Top Bottom