Went To Outdoor America...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to buy some lead and targets. I got the old targets with the guy holding a gun. They are black and white. The lady behind the counter told me that if I was going to H&H that I wouldn't be able to use those there. The instructor out there says that if you practice on a target with a face it'll be easier for you to shoot a person.

I don't go there anyway. They gotten too big for their britches. But now I have another reason not to go there. Because they are idiots.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
to buy some lead and targets. I got the old targets with the guy holding a gun. They are black and white. The lady behind the counter told me that if I was going to H&H that I wouldn't be able to use those there. The instructor out there says that if you practice on a target with a face it'll be easier for you to shoot a person.

I don't go there anyway. They gotten too big for their britches. But now I have another reason not to go there. Because they are idiots.

That's just stupid.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's stupid.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember this story from waaaaay back in the early 1990s. Heard it from Chuck, who at the time was one of the main counter employees, so it's not exactly a first person account, but it sounded true enough at the time.

What happened was that some customers brought in some posters of a famous actor and used them as targets. While this was happening, another group of customers observed this and drew the entirely wrong conclusion. Yes, race was involved.

As a result, the range adopted a policy that photorealistic targets were not allowed. Given the circumstances of this event, I can understand the prohibition.

Disclaimer: I have no personal knowledge of the incident, other than what I was told by Chuck. Your mileage may vary, investment results may not be typical, objects in mirror are larger than they appear, etc.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. I can see how shooting pics of Obama or other controversial figure might cause some tension, even arguments in a place where you don't need that s**t.

Shoot to improve your skill, if you want to make a statement or do some anger management, go somewhere else.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know H&H has signs they say no head shots, but I figured that was so you weren't hitting the ceiling instead of the back stop.

You would be correct, one of the range guys and I were talking about how some people are just horrible shooters (plus the people who do that stuff on purpose) and he showed me areas in the range where people have shot the walls and ceiling and everywhere you could imagine where a normal person would never hit.

As for not allowing targets with faces at H&H, considering the issue they had with "famous people" targets being used I have no problem with the policy.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the IPSC match on Sunday night, we were marveling that the brand-new range already has bullet-strikes on the cinderblock walls. The best LED lighting I've ever seen, but from what we could tell, some shooters are aiming with their eyes shut!

Latest posts

Top Bottom