West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Extremely weird on all counts. Never understood anyone jeopardizing themselves over a traffic situation. You don't know that person or their mental state. You don't know what they have with them, clubs, knife, gun etc. But the weirdest part to me is his credentials. If you work in law enforcement or the security industry for any length of time, you are going to run into the heated situation. The situation awareness and deesculation training in and of itself should have put him in a different mindset to have never have stopped in the 1st place.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, this retired cop and the victim pulled over and retired cop got out of his vehicle and walked over to the victim and then what? That’s where the story stops.

I’m assuming retired cop decided to go to fist o’cuffs and started getting a beat down. Then he shot him. He’ll use self-defense as a defense.

Is anyone else getting that kind of vibe? Or did he just start blasting?
I've seen enough videos on Youtube about these type of altercations and I'm betting the retired cop pulled his carry and used it before it got to the 'beat down' stage, not only because of the age difference but also because of training (21-ft rule). Also pretty sure the ego amped-up victim didn't bother to think before he rushed in.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen enough videos on Youtube about these type of altercations and I'm betting the retired cop pulled his carry and used it before it got to the 'beat down' stage, not only because of the age difference but also because of training (21-ft rule). Also pretty sure the ego amped-up victim didn't bother to think before he acted.
Well, then he's gonna fry if he did that. He's not a cop anymore, he's a civilian and victim was or wasn't armed? Wasn't. So what you're saying is that he just murdered a complete stranger in cold blood because he's a scared b*tch.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, then he's gonna fry if he did that. He's not a cop anymore, he's a civilian and victim was or wasn't armed? Wasn't. So what you're saying is that he just murdered a complete stranger in cold blood because he's a scared b*tch.

Do we know the victim wasn't armed?? I haven't seen anything that stated one way or another. Or else I just missed it.

I did see that the shooter worked at DOC. The training (and job requirements) for COs is quite a bit different for LE who work in the "real" world. If he "defaulted to training" ... Well ... Man ... I just don't see how anything good could have come from that.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Do we know the victim wasn't armed?? I haven't seen anything that stated one way or another. Or else I just missed it.

I did see that the shooter worked at DOC. The training (and job requirements) for COs is quite a bit different for LE who work in the "real" world. If he "defaulted to training" ... Well ... Man ... I just don't see how anything good could have come from that.
Based on who was arrested and for what, I'm going to solidly assume that the victim was armed with only his hands and feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom