What’s your ideal AR build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11.5in BCM upper and lower, BCM ambi gunfighter charging handle, magpul MOE stock, Midwest Industries ultralight free float handguard, ergo grip, Troy Micro BUIS, Giessele SSA trigger, vortex razor HD Gen 3 1-10x24 scope with their mount, finished off with a VTAC sling.

Edit to add that it needs the Dead Air key mount micro brake

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
11.5in BCM upper and lower, BCM ambi gunfighter charging handle, magpul MOE stock, Midwest Industries ultralight free float handguard, ergo grip, Troy Micro BUIS, Giessele SSA trigger, vortex razor HD Gen 3 1-10x24 scope with their mount, finished off with a VTAC sling.

Edit to add that it needs the Dead Air key mount micro brake
That sounds like a Ralphie Christmas Story wishlist. lol

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to take a spare lower I have and form 1 it then build an 7" or 8" barreled 300BO PDW. Probably get an upper from PSA and a Troy Ind. M7A1 collapsible buttstock. Suppress it and shoot subs in it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reliable and Accurate does not need to be expensive.
I went with the PSA Freedom Stainless rifle kit below and built some lowers.
They are all accurate and reliable. As I was told they would be.

Install whatever sights you like. I have various Nikon and Vortex scopes on top of my AR's.

I am not a "Brand Snob" I have been burned 3 times by the Ruger brand and S&W got me also.
But I suppose all brands can have issues.

1675283200980.png

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So for me it's a nice billet upper and lower set maybe Larue. From there I'm going with an 18 inch Faxon gunner profile barrel. Add in MBUS PRO BUIS, Surefire scout light, quality sling, Vortex strike eagle 1-8 LPVO with QD PEPR mount, CMC drop in trigger, NiB BCG, ambi controls, Geissele super 42 braided buffer spring and H1 buffer. From there piece together comfortable furniture, and a light weight rail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom