What a Deal !!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.M.F

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I stopped by Academy today just to look around. There was a Drake Waterfowl bag that I have been wanting sitting on the shelf. This bag normally cost $60 + but it had been marked down to $9.99 so I grabbed it. The price tag looked like somebody may have stuck it on there my mistake but I thought I would try my luck at the register. The cashier scans it and it comes up as $0.95. He says that that can't be right and scans it again. It come up as $0.95 again so he says well I guess that will be 95 cents. I got really lucky and got an awesome bag for 95 cents. I never stumble into deals like this but I did today. I left there a very happy customer.

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had something similar to that happen to me at academy also.. Last year I went to buy a new camo jacket that had a regular price of 59.99 which i was going to purchase anyways since i needed a new one.. When I went to pay it came up as 9.99. I couldnt believe it.. I ran outside and threw the jacket in the car and ran back in prepared to buy atleast 5 more but it was the only one they had.. Definately would have made some great christmas gifts..

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that price.
I got .22 conversion for my AR + couple mags for $100 at the gun show last November. Should have been closer to $200.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Normally I would have contested even the second scan, to make sure the store that supplies the items that I bought were fairly priced.
I don't have a problem with a sale.
But here recently, at all of the stores, big box, grocers, etc, most times I take a sale item up to the checkout, they ring up the full price, unless I call it to their attention.
Saw a program on the TV awhile back where some investigative reporters took sale items to the check out and recorded the whole thing, where the store had made the mistake. They went back again later and the same thing happened.
I guess my comment is shoppers beware.

M3-G

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has some really nice boat bags for $15 for the medium and $25 for the larger. Pretty good quality too. I know BPS similar bags are double this...

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a very similar thing happen at Academy before Christmas. I had bought a handful of tshirts and most of them came up at about $10 each. But two of them that I grabbed from the same pile rang up as $.99. I kinda looked at the gal as she rang them up, knowing it was probably incorrect, she just kinda smiled and said "computers are always right". So I smiled back and went on my way. I'd rather see "The Man" be the victim of incorrect pricing instead of me. Go Academy. BPS will shaft you at any given opportunity.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a very similar thing happen at Academy before Christmas. I had bought a handful of tshirts and most of them came up at about $10 each. But two of them that I grabbed from the same pile rang up as $.99. I kinda looked at the gal as she rang them up, knowing it was probably incorrect, she just kinda smiled and said "computers are always right". So I smiled back and went on my way. I'd rather see "The Man" be the victim of incorrect pricing instead of me. Go Academy. BPS will shaft you at any given opportunity.

Agreed. I always try to shop Academy over BPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom