What a load of CRAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to Sheriff Gibson, the audit shows that while Joe Lester was Cleveland County Sheriff, weapons his office confiscated were traded to a private retailer for gear.

Records show, eight active shooter kits were paid for by trading guns.

Sheriff Gibson says trading or selling confiscated weapons means there is the potential the guns could end up back on the streets.

"It'd be tough to sleep at night if a firearm that came out of my property custody area got into the hand of someone who injured or killed a child, police officer, or another citizen with it. That would be terrible," said Sheriff Gibson.

Sheriff Gibson said the best practice is destroy such weapons.

http://www.news9.com/story/37203969...ous-practices-at-cleveland-co-sheriffs-office

I know I won't be voting for Sheriff Snowflake.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheriff Gibson says trading or selling confiscated weapons means there is the potential the guns could end up back on the streets.
The word "Potential" is the reason I retired early. In the industrial trades, the "safety" requirements have gone so over the top that you spend more time processing paperwork and permits than you do actually performing your job because there is the "potential" for personal harm and an accident.
I hate to tell them that it is much more dangerous to drive to work than it is to work in an industrial environment. There is the "potential" that you can get hit by space debris, and God forbid you bring that point out to one of the 23 year old college grads that have never had a tool in their hand other than the one between their legs that dictate "safety" or they would require building space junk shields around the entire plant.
That's how stupid it is now.
There is a difference in being safe on the job and taking precautions to stay safe, and what is going on now. Its crazy.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trading in or selling at auction has long been a successful strategy of law enforcement agencies to stretch their equipment dollars a little further. Those dollars to buy gear have to come from somewhere. Most taxpayers appreciate the sheriff being a good steward of their dollars.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trading in or selling at auction has long been a successful strategy of law enforcement agencies to stretch their equipment dollars a little further. Those dollars to buy gear have to come from somewhere. Most taxpayers appreciate the sheriff being a good steward of their dollars.
The fact the sheriff said he traded the guns to a retailer for gear guarantees they will get back on the street. The "retailer" is not going to scrap the guns.
Me thinks a brother in law deal is in the works. Trust me on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom