what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s hard to turn a Scotch (or bourbon) fan to the other side. To be fair though, a decent single malt (I like Macallan 12) is still gonna run ya about $10 more than the double oaked is it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid $50 at my "cheap" place in Tulsa for it. My Balvenie Doublewood runs $51.99 there, I think. Macallan 12 is closer to $70 these days, I believe.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s hard to turn a Scotch (or bourbon) fan to the other side. To be fair though, a decent single malt (I like Macallan 12) is still gonna run ya about $10 more than the double oaked is it not?

When I was in New Mexico earlier last month, you could buy the double Oaked for $32 vs the $60 they charge in town.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $50 at my "cheap" place in Tulsa for it. My Balvenie Doublewood runs $51.99 there, I think. Macallan 12 is closer to $70 these days, I believe.

That’s a dang good price on the Balvenie. I don’t think I’ve seen it down here for less than $60, but I might be mistaken. That’s another nice Scotch to be sure.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have REALLY been wanting to try a smokey, peaty isla scotch but the few I have found around here are a bit pricey for me.

I'll just have to stick with the cheaper bourbon for now. There are a few more I want to try anyway. :)

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my first scotch last night, a Glenmorangie. I am not a scotch fan needless to say. I will stick to my bourbon. I tried a new bourbon, which I prefer over Woodford Reserve. It is Angel's Envy that I picked up at Byron's Liquor and it is excellent.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elijah Craig small batch. Got over the stomach bug from Friday & sat so a drink is in order

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had my first scotch last night, a Glenmorangie. I am not a scotch fan needless to say. I will stick to my bourbon. I tried a new bourbon, which I prefer over Woodford Reserve. It is Angel's Envy that I picked up at Byron's Liquor and it is excellent.
Angels Envy is one I still need to try. I hear a lot of good things about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom