what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Byron's in downtown Okc now sells Whistlepig!!!!!
20181030_115027.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a teaspoon at a time is a bit too much.

Usually you can add a few drops at a time to see how it changes and opens up the whiskey.

I will do this sometimes when I am tasting something new especially if it is very high proof like 120 or more. After trying several sips at full strength it can be very interesting to see how different notes seem to be uncovered by adding a little water.

Because I am used to drinking Whisk(e)y neat, 80 proof already seems watered down to me but someone that is not used to the alcohol burn might enjoy adding a few drops of water after the initial tasting.

I’m late to this discussion, but my max water is one small ice cube per shot which is aprox 1 tsp.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got around to picking up a bottle of Talisker 10. I opened it with friends last night and it was a big hit. Smoky peat, dried dark fruits, and spice.

I might have found my new favorite.
c7fb94a15d242cad754eee2d7a29ee90.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
balvenie-12-year-old-triple-cask-whisky.jpg

Picked up some of this at the airport in Rome Saturday morning... I'm not sure if I'll open it up sooner or later. I'd like to try some tonight, but I'm not sure I'll get a chance, have stuff to do.

Also a few bottles of wine from Venice and Rome, but all cheap stuff, nothing special. Of course, their "cheap stuff" we tried there blows away wines costing 8-10x the price here. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom