What are you paying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the limited availability of ammo, what are paying to support your habit?

I'm interested in .45acp and 9mm prices?

The last time I bought .45 I paid .30 per round for FMJ. This was from an individual over 8 months ago.

I bought 9mm from WM for .23 per round of FMJ. This was a month ago. I haven't been able to find any since.

What are you paying?

mach1soldier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stand in line at walmart at 6 am and get it for the same you paid a month ago. If you buy from an invidividual or dealer, expect to pay .40 cents a round for 9mm and 60 cents a round for .45. Those are both average to low end prices. You will see it for plenty more as well.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last I bought was CCI Aluminum case Blazer 9mm at Academy for $13.00 a box. I got their last six boxes that day. Some guy had spent the last 10 minutes just staring in the general direction of the ammo and I just reached up and grabbed it. He looked at me with a strange look and I was undecided if he was going to fight or cry. He did neither or said anything and off to the cashier I went.

usmcvet9803

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not paying anything, because I am not buying,and wont until the panic buying stops and the supply and demand balance back out. I was fortunate enough to be able to stock up before the madness, and I follow politics close enough to have seen this coming a mile away... For now, I am forced to do a lot more dry fire exercises.:grumble:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
in my light 38 loads i use 2.5 grains of Clays. thats 2800 rounds per 1lb bottle.there are 7000 grains in a pound. the last time i bought clays it was about $20.less than a penny a round.
primers are pretty much set at 3.6 cents a piece right now. round everything up to an even cent and its a nickel a loaded round.
i have some money in casting pots and molds, maybe another 150-200. using range lead or scrounged up wheel weights, bullets don't cost anything but time.
brass is all pickup and scrounged.
cost goes up for magnum rounds but only factored by the amount of powder used.
even if you are buying plated bullets, you should be able to load for around 15 cents per round. example would be $7.50 per box of 9mm

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some 9mm FMJ online for about 30 cents a round with shipping. Just set ammo bot with an alert and wait. Good deals pop up a couple of times a week and are generally gone in minutes so it takes patience and luck. Mine came from Freedom Munitions. It was just over $150 for 500 rounds after shipping and took about four working days to get here.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a friend that's an ammo manufacture and I buy all my .45 acp through him and the last 500 I bought where 40 cents a rd. I haven't bought any rifle ammo in years. But most is running about 2-5 dollars for 100 except the calibers I load with Barnes bullets and they run a bit more. I should buy a progressive and load my own pistol ammo and haven't gotten around to it yet. Xsa

Latest posts

Top Bottom