what ccw holster for commander sized 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a supertuck and I am having trouble with the handle showing almost every position especially when bending over slightly. this gun may just be too big to reasonably ccw. whats your thoughts? what holster do you carry your 1911 in?

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about 5 holsters, a few IWB,a few OWB, and a very nice galco shoulder rig. Summer time I like the OWB the best. easy to hide. Getting cold like it is now, Shoulder rig! I carry a Colt Defender 95% of the time. And if i do not feel like messing with it, I will just put my Colt Agent in my pocket ( a .38SPL 6 shot wheel gun with no holster!!)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a supertuck and I am having trouble with the handle showing almost every position especially when bending over slightly. this gun may just be too big to reasonably ccw. whats your thoughts? what holster do you carry your 1911 in?

I carry a full size 1911 in a supertuck and have no problems I'm 5'10" and 190lbs. How big are you? Have you considered going one size larger on your shirts? Are you tucking in over the pistol? Where do you carry at? I keep mine right at 3 o'clock. I only tuck in occasionally normally I conceal under a large tshirt or an overshirt. I don't bend over though instead squat or kneal down.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying it at about 4-5 o clock. I will try 3 o clock and see how that feels. I am 5-11 and 196#'s with a 32" waist. I wear large shirts as it is, If i went to an X-large I would feel like a gang banger:comfort:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 5" XD45 in the Quikclip at 1:30-2:00 depending on the shirt, belt loops, and meal.

I spot 4:00ers all the time in public...

ETA: I'm 5'9" 205lbs 34" waist and a bit of a belly.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spot 4:00ers all the time in public...

Likewise. Double stacks don't hide well there unless you wear a jacket or long shirt.

OP, they don't come a whole lot better than the Supertuck. A slim, commander sized gun should hide well in it regardless of position. If you can't hide it well, have you considered changing up your wardrobe a bit??

I carry a Sig P250 OWB with a button up shirt untucked or short jacket when I can get away with it. But when I have to tuck my shirt it's a Kahr CW9.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't already, try adjusting the "cant" on your holster to tip the butt of the pistol towards your front (as opposed to straight up and down). That should reduce the amount the butt sticks out, especially in the 3:00 position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom