what ccw holster for commander sized 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a supertuck and I am having trouble with the handle showing almost every position especially when bending over slightly. this gun may just be too big to reasonably ccw. whats your thoughts? what holster do you carry your 1911 in?

I discovered something with the Supertuck, that it will ride closer to your body if you cut it down to the combat cut. Don't know why but it does. Maybe the full leather leather doesn't let it flex as much. Try it. It will also allow you to get a better grip on your gun for a better presentation.

If you haven't already, try adjusting the "cant" on your holster to tip the butt of the pistol towards your front (as opposed to straight up and down). That should reduce the amount the butt sticks out, especially in the 3:00 position.

And this.

BC

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was trying it at about 4-5 o clock.

That's the issue. You've got the gun too far back. As noted already, try 3-3:30. I have the same issue you do, I'm 6'2" 180lbs, wear a size Large, but still have the butt of the gun show if I'm not careful with placement.

Something else that can really help, is better holster design. Some holsters just do not do as well as others for pulling the butt of the gun into the body.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
K&D Thunderbird Defender. I love this thing,almost looks too good to wear IWB. K&D.jpg

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm have the same problem 6'3'' and 175 Lbs. I need to wear an IWB holster and pistol to keep 32 inch jeans from being too Loose! A few things I've learned:

I need a pistol with a short grip to pull CC off well with out a jacket.

It needs to be moved forward. 3 to 3:30 position.

It needs to ride lower, but not too low for presentation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom