What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed myself to make good grades. Later, I found out that the jobs went to the frat boys who partied and had connections.

Nothing personal, however I am one of those frat boys you speak of, and I have not read all of the threads. This is what I have seen over 40 plus years. T. Boone is one of my frat brothers. Several others are very active, in fact if you are from OKC, the fellow who is THE man who designed the new Devon Tower, Rand Elliot, is one. There are many others, and Sir, they were not let us say silver spooned, these boys did it on there own, just sayin'. We were all from the late 60's and 70's except for T.Boone. Now, if wishing to go further I will lay a lot out there. What my point is, these guys did all they did on their own. Just saying that these kids that I was in school with made it on THEIR
OWN!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the drumline at OSU so my life was mainly centered around that. We were either playing or practicing. In the off season I would spend usually a couple hours every evening practicing. If we weren't drumming together we were partying. 20 some years later my drum buddies are some of my closest friends in the world.

If I wasn't doing something drum related, I was messing with R/C cars and planes. Our apartment looked like a hobby shop. I didn't study much. ;-)

Had several good friends there doing that in the late sixties. I admire you kids for that, great times. Thank you.
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did just enough studying for decent grades, which was a pretty minimal amount. Good grades were definitely not worth busting tail for. I played some sports, partied some, rode horses lots, made some trouble, and made some good friends during my freshman year. One hot day we put a tarp in the bed of a truck and drove around campus in our "cold tub." Met my husband at the beginning of my sophomore year and got married the next summer. My jr and sr years were pretty uneventful.[/QUOTE

I am happy that you are still out there Kiddo, just talked to BB/. Take care.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in college during the Draft era of the Vietnam war. Tried my best to keep grades up, work 40hrs a week, study, and support a wife. It didn't work. You can only burn so many candles at both ends.[/QUOTE

Dennis, been there, and understand, so many in that era. Must tell you some time of the well, what one of my brothers went through, but I know you can imagine since you were there. Ambush, is all. thank you Dennis.
Lone Wolf

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The studying didn't work out. Joined the Army. That 20 years was great. All over the world with Army CI. 22 years in my next career. Ended up as Director of Investigations with 1500 Federal Agents working for me. Lot's of fun and I didn't have to study. Guess the Snooker paid off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CWO 45 said:
The studying didn't work out. Joined the Army. That 20 years was great. All over the world with Army CI. 22 years in my next career. Ended up as Director of Investigations with 1500 Federal Agents working for me. Lot's of fun and I didn't have to study. Guess the Snooker paid off.

HaHa! I was the snooker champ while in college.
Helped pay the way, and when going to a bar table Later in life after the military, , added to the till

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't a party animal by any means, 61 years old and still never been drunk or high. I hated the first two years of college, due to all the basic courses everyone has to take. Got married 'twixt sophomore and junior year, started working on my major (biology/chemistry/education), and then really started liking college. I also had a full time job, but my boss was very flexible in scheduling my hours around class times and I could do a lot of studying during slow times. I probably got 50% of my insect collection for my Entomology class around the lights of the stores I worked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom