What do you guys know about ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically what Bob said. Tylenol is awful on the liver and its LD-50 is terribly low, for an OTC med. Basically that is how much it takes to kill 50% of the people that take that much. I remember one teenage girl that decided to kill herself with Tylenol, took it and changed her mind but didn't tell anyone till the next day. Too late, it killed her liver and she died, very sad case. I'm still not sure they should have ever made it OTC, despite how well it works on my headaches.
Yep. It amazes me how an OTC can work on my headaches when nothing else will. But like my Rx pain meds I have to just let myself suffer from time to time to not have to deal with rebound headaches.

You'd think "they" could figure SOMETHING out that works but then there are so many causes of headaches how could they, realistically??

I wish the aliens would come on down and share all their secrets with us. 😉

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom would make liver and onions when I was a youngster. The stink in the house was enough for me to find a job and eat whatever I wanted.
You know, I had one sister who loved the stuff and would want it for her birthday dinner every year. The rest of us HATED her for a while every year. Bleech ...

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elevated liver enzymes. :anyone: This is one of those things I don't know much about and don't really understand how to interpret the data other than "damn that looks way outside the "normal" range."

AST is 80
ALT is 157
Everything else is normal. Hepatitis panel is negative.

My personal opinion is I've probably been taking too much Excedrin Migraine. While I talk a big game about having a drink, I rarely do so. I can't remember the last time I actually had anything. I have an appointment Tuesday with the doc, but kinda wonder what I'm walking into.

TIA fellas! 😘
I don’t know anything about anything health related, but with your luck, I’d say you’re probably going to die. :anyone:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom would make liver and onions when I was a youngster. The stink in the house was enough for me to find a job and eat whatever I wanted.
Nobody else in my family will eat liver, but I spent a lot of time with my maternal grandparents as a kid and grew up eating it and liking it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to add to derailing the OP.
The Taco Bell Chihuahua, a Doberman and a Bulldog are in a bar having adrink when a great-looking female Collie comes up to them and says, “Whoever can say liver and cheese in a sentence can have me.”
So the Doberman says, “I love liver and cheese.” The Collie replies, “That’s not good enough.”
The Bulldog says, “I hate liver and cheese.” She says, “That’s not creative enough.”
Finally, the Chihuahua says, “Liver alone . . . cheese mine.”

pretty funny after a couple drinks and talk like the dog!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I had one sister who loved the stuff and would want it for her birthday dinner every year. The rest of us HATED her for a while every year. Bleech ...
Years ago, I had a cat that was anemic and the vet prescribed liver for her. I went and bought the stuff, but I had to have my mom cook it. I tried going into the kitchen while she was cooking it, and I about did the technicolor yawn right there. It takes a lot to get me nauseated just from smells; I used to eat my lunch every day in the biology lab surrounded by dead fetal piglets in various stages of dissection, I walked by a slaughterhouse every day on my way home from middle school, and I’ve walked by varmint carcasses so bad that the coyotes wouldn’t even touch them, and none of that made me even the slightest bit queasy.

That liver being cooked, as a matter of fact, is the only thing I ever recall making me nauseous from the smell alone. That stuff’s just nasty.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I like liver and onions and breaded chicken livers and a white gravy..... Different strokes. I can see how not liking them and the smell could drive you from the house though, definitely makes the house smell.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom