What do you guys know about ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elevated liver enzymes. :anyone: This is one of those things I don't know much about and don't really understand how to interpret the data other than "damn that looks way outside the "normal" range."

AST is 80
ALT is 157
Everything else is normal. Hepatitis panel is negative.

My personal opinion is I've probably been taking too much Excedrin Migraine. While I talk a big game about having a drink, I rarely do so. I can't remember the last time I actually had anything. I have an appointment Tuesday with the doc, but kinda wonder what I'm walking into.

TIA fellas! 😘

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Could be a number of things, but at least you know they're outside the norm and having the doc check you out. Be ready for more blood work of course. Can be caused from anything from the meds you're on to fatty liver and numerous other things.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mild to moderate elevations. Normal bilirubin I assume? Any jaundice? Still got your gall bladder?
Could a ton of causes, fatty liver comes to mind. AST isn’t that high, so prob not ETOH . Since you claim to take a lot of Tylenol, that would seem a logical cause. Are you taking more than 2000mg/day? If yes, better stop.
I would review with your doc of course. Not folks on a gun forum, if you want to get better. If not Tylenol related, she can do more tests for follow-up. Fatty liver is treated with diet exercise, meds, etc.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know for damn sure when I'm facing a critical medical issue I don't mess around...I go STRAIGHT to Oklahoma Shooters Forum!!!

Where else would we ever go for info?? :anyone: :scratch::hey3:

Honestly, it was you guys who kept me sane ... Ish :naughty::kiss: when the tree branch fell one and you would be really surprised at the amount of help and information I've learned from y'all over the years about headaches, and spinal issues.

All joking aside we have tremendous amount of knowledge here about things other than shooting and politics. 😘 Y'all are actually a pretty bright bunch of fellas ... :sunbath::heart::heart::heart::heart:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom