What do you see as the future of America?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I envision a "great depression" like future. High unemployment, 40% of the country standing in soup lines, 40% working for the government, 1% ruling from behind fortified walls, and the rest running ruff shod over the law abiding populous.

Not much to look forward to when the country will be bankrupt and half the population has grown lazy living off of uncle Obama handouts!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have a flying car.
1.bp.blogspot.com__Z_vWkcXVcPk_ToyctSsaBcI_AAAAAAAADME_feUBjzqf3ro_s1600_The_Jetsons_d56a.jpeg

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The citizenry is disconnected from the state. The state will continue to grow, until it cannot anymore, then it will die. The timing of this could differ greatly depending on the situation.

Then there will be a relatively short period of uncertainty. Society and the free market will eventually realign and reconnect and begin the process all over again.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that the "great depression" will be viewed as a mild economic "adjustment" when compared to what's coming down the pike. When the United States of America hits the bottom, it's going to hit hard - and I doubt it can get back up because the source of its success (the Constitution) has been so weakened and diluted over the past century that it has become just another bunch of words to most people.

I see the failure of monetary currency with inflation so high that the paper is worth more than the tender.
I see the failure of transportation systems to distribute goods like food and other staples because of cost and limited availability of fuel.
I see the failure of utility systems - gas, electric, water - one after the other because of economic inability to buy parts needed to maintain them, and lack of trained people to operate them.

[Broken External Image]

And I see riots the scope of which make those in the 60's and 70's look like block parties. Sadly, I believe that most of the riots will be race based if for no other reason than because that's what we see first when we look at a stranger, and as cerebral and high minded as we might believe we are it remains within our nature to the level of animal instinct to trust those "like me" more than those "not like me".
And from all of these things - death, disease, and destruction of an apocalyptic scale.
Finally, for those who remain it will be back to the land to survive, to find, grow, and harvest food for barter, because there will be little left otherwise. And there will be those who attempt to take what they themselves can't find or get any other way.

And I really, really hope I'm wrong - but we simply cannot continue to give the country away and still expect to have anything left for ourselves, our children, and our children's children.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom