What do you think about Fort Gibson WMA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For deer hunting with a crossbow?

Is this a decent area? During archery season, is there less hunting pressure than during gun season?

I'd be driving from Broken Arrow and it looks to be about a 40 minute drive. I take 51 into Wagoner and then go north on 69?

Who would I call to find out where the archery area is?

And, somebody posted a thread about vandals slashing their tires. Any such mischief at Ft Gibson?

thanx

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the first year I have hunted at FT Gibson. Twice with a crossbow and once with a rifle. I saw a lot of folks on the rifle day but still felt safe. I parked at a locked gated walked in a ways and set up. I was fortunate enough to kill a nice 11 point and then 2 guys came over and helped me get it to the truck. That was real nice cause i was a long ways from it. Not very crowded during archery. Seen a few trucks but plenty of places to hunt. I would concentrate on the thick stuff surrounding the soy bean fields. Havent had or heard of any vandalism problems. You can get on the Muscokee turnpike than get off at exit 13 cowetta and take 51 the rest offf the way. I live in Tulsa and its about 37 miles from my house to the spot i park at.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get on the department of wildlife website and down load maps of all the public land in the state. They are a little easier to understand than the one above and show which highways to come in on etc. I wouldnt say there is a marker on every tree but it is marked public land. If i were you I would take a whole day and just go out and drive around and scout a little. Lots of land out 21,000 acres plus. Also, on the website you can find the number of the biologist in charge of the place. He could give you some good info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom