What Happen To UPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your driver's truck prolly had problems. It happens. I feel sorry for your driver having to deliver out of a U-Haul... that's a big step on the back of those trucks.

Give them a break, they have been HAMMERED for the last two weeks trying to deliver packages through the snow and filth... ya they signed up for it, but trust me, they're working their butts off.

nothing wrong with the package cars... just ran out of them... so UPS rents trucks so when they add more routes, they have enough cars...

and sonny, the deal about transferring it to the USPS... that's how the shipper wanted it delivered.. QVC does a lot of that type of shipping.

Valentines Day and snow storms are very big challenges... it'll take a week or two to catch up..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nothing wrong with the package cars... just ran out of them... so UPS rents trucks so when they add more routes, they have enough cars...

and sonny, the deal about transferring it to the USPS... that's how the shipper wanted it delivered.. QVC does a lot of that type of shipping.

Valentines Day and snow storms are very big challenges... it'll take a week or two to catch up..

This is what happened to my Midway USA shipment. It sat in Tulsa during the snow storm and Midway requested it be transfered and delivered by the pony express.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why didn't you just go pick it up? It's what I do when they call asking for directions.

The wait in line at the shipping terminal was (not exaggerating) 4 hours form arrival to leaving with package. Eff that! I think they said 58 (?) trailers that needed to be unloaded and delivered, but due to the trucks not running they had no room to unload them. They had to identify which of those 58 held your package then rifle through it to get it and get to you, all while you (and the rest of the line) waited.

It was just car (tune up, not repair) parts. They weren't getting installed until this nice weather anyway.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what happened to my Midway USA shipment. It sat in Tulsa during the snow storm and Midway requested it be transfered and delivered by the pony express.

like I said, a lot of shippers ship that way... driver in Yukon delivers 40-50 pieces to the Post office there.. daily..

and about rifling through trailers.... that doesn't happen..

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After many delays UPS finally delivered one of my packages yesterday using a U-Haul truck. And I just got an update on the tracking of my other package, says that it has been transfered to a local post office for delivery. WTH? did UPS lose all their trucks?

U-Haul truck? WOW.......... agreew/ Elwood. The snow days and Valentines have them backed up. Hopefully they will get back on schedule.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
like I said, a lot of shippers ship that way... driver in Yukon delivers 40-50 pieces to the Post office there.. daily..

and about rifling through trailers.... that doesn't happen..

Oh come on, they would totally rifle through 28-55 feet of a trailer loaded full of 1000+ packages and look at every label to find one.

UPS Basic packages are delivered through the Post Office. Vendors such as MidwayUSA and Amazon utilize UPS Basic services currently. There isn't some grand scheme of your packages being so held up that the shipper begged UPS to transfer your package to USPS for delivery because UPS was so affected by weather. Fed Ex and UPS will be delivering more packages to USPS for delivery through the Smart Post service. These options are cheaper for shippers and consumers but the service is only offered to very high volume companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom