What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgetc

New to the site!
Reaction score
aleathergunsetc.com_images_Snakeinlay1.jpg
this is my favorite style I have one like this for every gun I have they are made to fit the gun the gun stays right there you can fall upside down and the gun will stay holstered but will slid out with ease I have some with and without the snake great holster rides very high and tight againist the body and it only hangs about 2" below the belt:thumb: that's a pix of my custom Bond Arms with real stag

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went from the VM2 to a K&D Maverick Defender @ the 2:00 position.

I've found that the SSI just isn't stable enough on my belts.
The loop arrangement allows the holset to "rock" and to walk around on the belt throughout the day.
The VM2 mitigates this problem but it's fore/aft loop arrangement takes up more real estate on your belt which can be detrimental if you carry a lot of gear....which apparently I do.

Enter the K&D Maverick Defender.....

It has a single point belt attatchment tab that doesn't allow any movement like the SSII, but it has the SSII's lower profile.
The Maverick can be work either OWB or IWB ans the can't angle is adjustable.
I've used a couple of them now, and haven't found anything I like better.
Since the original post three years ago, I've started carrying my gun in the 2:00 position (Appendix) because I feel it offers far more advantages than behind the hip carry.
With this type of carry, a holster with an FBI cant is not ideal because you must break your wrist over to draw.
The adjustability of the Maverick allows me to position the holster in a straight-drop configuration which works far better for this position.
A reverse cant would be ideal (and is possible with the Maverick) but I've not found a good way to comfortably conceal a fullsize gun with that setup.
YMMV

Here's a pic of the Maverick from K&D's site:
[Broken External Image]

specialfx78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my VMII, but I may have to try a Defender out. You hit the nail on the head about the VMII. It carries GREAT, but takes up a lot of space. I've got a slim waste already so there isn't much real estate to give up!

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with ce1447 and airmech74 my CrossBreed Supertuck is extremely comfortable. I carry everyday, sometimes up to 16 hours a day, and love the way the leather has formed around my pistol and hip. It is not an SOB but a strong side IWB.

Yes, Mr. Brown :) it has kydex to retain the pistol but I think it is pretty well protected inside the waistband. I guess time will tell...

davebloomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still about a month out from having my CCL but i just got my smartcarry (BUG holster) in and boy is that a nice little setup.. Im going to carry a S&W 442 in it as soon as i buy one. right now i am wearing it around the house with a G26 and it is great. gun goes in and disappears. Tend to forget it's even on.
I'm still waiting on my CTAC that i ordered earlier this week. I will carry my G26 in it.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one that gets the most use is a DeSantis pancake holster I wear strong side hip. I have an Uncle Mike's ankle holster that gets quite a bit of use too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom