What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of WRB holsters? I went all over OKC today looking for a front pocket holster for my new Taurus TCP. I went in to Gun World just to see what they had in stock and I found this brand. It has fit better than any other holster I have found. I'm thinking about going back and buying even though they are about $5 more than if I bought online. My only concern is they have this grippy stuff on the outside. Like shelf liner for a tool chest... I just don't know if this is a plus or a detriment? Any thoughts or experiences? Very little information can be found online about it.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and picked up the WRB holster this weekend from GunWorld. It was the model that said it fit the LCP but it's fitting my Taurus TCP just fine. At first I thought it was a little weird but that's probably just me getting use to the extra weight in my pocket. I was a little worried that it could come out of the pocket but the only thing that fell out of my pocket so far is my iPhone. This thing has a neat little grip to it on the sides which keeps it in place.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently there are setups like that to carry Ipods now, as I saw one dude wearing one, exposing it when he was mopping his head with his shirt. So you could cover your back by saying that you've just been jogging, and it's your Ipod "bro." Then maybe jog in place to emphasize your point :)

What you saw could have been was a heart rate monitor. A lot of serious runners have them to measure heart rate and breaths per minute.

popo103

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I havent written many responses, actually this is my second. Just my opinion but it seems to me that there is not one ideal holster but rather a few different really good holsters for different methods of carrying. I think first you have to decide what your going to carry (firearm), what is the weather like (hot/cold, shorts/pants). And lastly, are you going to train,train, train with that holster and become proficient with it? I have used belly bands, ankle holsters, iwb,owb and duty rigs. I love them all but I had to learn their specific purposes first and adjust accordingly. My favorite is just a Don Hume Jit Slide, call me simple.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually carry a Springfield Micro Compact in either a Milt Sparks VMII or a Watch Six. I love both holsters. I bought the VMII after reading a lot of very positive reviews. It seems to be one of the most popular holsters going as evidenced by the 3 month to the day wait for mine. I was later gifted the watch six and they are almost exactly the same holster. The VMII is IMO a much nicer rig. The finish work and the loops seem better as well as the reinforced mouth that makes reholstering easier. I wear the Watch Six if I'm wearing some pretty tight pants and need the extra couple mm of reduced thickness. They are both top notch rigs though.
I wear them with a Wilderness Instructors belt much of the time but I recently got a Beltman leather belt and its much stiffer than the instructor belt which generally equates to more comfort.

SAXXIN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the K&D Maverick Defender have sewn in sight rails? I think I've pretty much narrowed my search to the Maverick Defender or Milt Sparks SS2 for my Glock 23 with XS Big Dot sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom