What is your best concealed carry holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this info somewhere else in this thread but here is a basic summary of the problem with SOB holsters:

1) Inaccessibility anywhere but standing

2) Prone to create back problems for the wearer

3) Poor in-fight access

4) Poor articulation of the wrist and shoulder during the draw creating potential for a fouled draw.

Throughout this sticky you should find plenty of good information on CCW holsters.

Please review the stickies before posting a new thread.

Michael Brown

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A.J. said:
I guess I'm missing something here. In a thread below this I mentioned carrying my new Kimber 5" eclipse in an OWB this past weekend under a windbreaker, and was very happy with how comfortable and well it concealed. Then I just asked if anybody had any experience with an SOB type holster. Mr. Brown informed me everything I need to know about an SOB holster is right here in this thread, then locked down my thread. Most of you guys on here know a lot about different holsters, and just mention them by brand name. I'm kinda new at this. Which ones are the SOB's?

SOB is a style and not a name brand. Only a handfull of holster makers carry them (Galco, Rosen (I think), etc). I didn't find it that effective. I found that it bulged too much, and sold mine. Some people really love them but I think they are few and far between. I would go with a belt-slide or a snap on/off style over the Small of Back (SOB) holsters.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:
I posted this info somewhere else in this thread but here is a basic summary of the problem with SOB holsters:

3) Poor in-fight access

4) Poor articulation of the wrist and shoulder during the draw creating potential for a fouled draw.

Throughout this sticky you should find plenty of good information on CCW holsters.

Michael Brown

In C.L.E.E.T. they mentioned the danger of carry S.O.B. due to a nerve in the middle of the back area that can be damaged if you fall on your weapon. I have had a back surgery and am very very tender in that area anyways. I conceal carry ALL THE TIME with a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C., and have never had any problems, I love those holsters.

First Freedom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

shooterdc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me a while, like about 2,347 holsters lying on my closet floor, but I finally found the IWB holster for me. BTW, I had to buy a larger house just to hold all of those holsters I own which I no longer use. BUT . . . I found Comp-Tac.com company, the Pro Undercover to be exact. http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=44
It's the only holster that after I strap my Comp-Tac Pro nice and tight on my belt it tucks it close into the side of my body and still remains comfortable. As a matter of fact, I forget I am wearing it. I think the belt you use also is a extremely important part of this "SYSTEM". I call it a system because it really is a system. You put all these parts together and then it will be very effective. But, that's only my opinion. BTW. . . it's only $50.00 too. Pretty nice, ehhh?? :thanku:

ce1447

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cross Breed Super Tuck. By far the most comfortable holster I have worn.

That's just my opinion though.

You just have to try them until you find one that works well for you.

chuckels59h

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

3) Poor in-fight access

Michael Brown

You forgot one, it exposes/makes available, the weapon to anyone behind you to grab and use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom