What is your favorite Burger Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After moving here we've been having a hard time finding awesome burgers and other food groups. I used to live in CA where the food was freaking amazing. Father's Office and The Counter were king for burgers. We have really liked Tuckers, though. I have to order it with light onion and we tend to like the Turkey more than the beef there. Nics I found to be so-so. Kaisers had a great buffalo burger but right after I found them they started faltering then was bought by the current owners and the burgers just aren't the same and the service even worse. Pops has an outstanding buffalo burger and I'm pretty happy to see they're coming to Nichols Hills. In fact, that might be my favorite burger place to date in OKC. There's a dive on May called Cousins that had really good burgers (it's a bar so there's smokers inside so if that bugs you take it to go). Garage is decent but not outstanding. Burgers are pretty good but the stuff they put on top causes the bread to be saturated and break apart. I tried Irma's once and got the grass fed burger and was unimpressed. There's a dive in Bethany that has a good buffalo burger (I think it's called Buffalo Grill) with home made chips but the last two times I stopped by they didn't have any buffalo. The place in Meers was a fun trip but the burger was just ok. Smash....eh, I've been kinda smashed out. They started trying to creep into areas with Counter Burger and CB does it so much better.

Is there other any place in this state where you can get buffalo or even Elk and Ostrich burgers? Otherwise it's good to see some of these other places in this thread. I'll have to try them out.

As for the previous comments on whiskey cake, I feel this place is severely overrated. Food is super salty to the point of masking all other ingredient's tastes and it's a restaurant full of emotional fluff with the whole locally sourced bs. You want to tell me your food is locally sourced, great. Prove it by telling me where it was sourced like all the other locally sourced restaurants I've been to. Until then, it's just a marketing ploy to over charge for sub-par food. I will say there's an appetizer there that's toasted bread with olives and cheese that has been consistent and really good but their pricey "Elixers" taste like they water them down. But it seems like the same type of crowd that frequents Upper Crust (which was below sub-par and expensive). Ah, pizza. I should start a thread on that....

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone mentioned. Burger king?

Ha! Burger King is my favorite when it comes to the fast food burgers.

I like a charbroiled burger, and it seems like they are few and far between.

The old Bad Dawg Cafe in Meeker had a great charbroiled double cheeseburger, but unfortunately, the business has sold a few times and its not that good anymore.

I tried 5Guys out of curiosity, and I was not impressed. The only thing I would go back for is the diet Barq's fountain root beer.

I tried a burger at Degraff's in Shawnee recently, and it was pretty good, but at $10 for burger and fries, which were great, I doubt I will eat there very often.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried 5Guys out of curiosity, and I was not impressed.

That was my impression when the wife came home with it one night on her way home from work (being from CA and being able to get InNOut on the way home from my shop like almost every Friday was a given and no matter how it looked when you got it home it still was badazz). Now, when I ate it in the restaurant it was slightly better, guessing because it was fresh and hot helped, but not much. And kind of expensive for a so-so burger, if I want to pay higher prices for just a hamburger that you get a ton of fries with to make up for the so-so burger then I'll just go somewhere good like Red Robins (for our area near Broken Arrow we've decided that that is about the best choice for a $10 burger).

Latest posts

Top Bottom