What is your opinion of reality television?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your opinion of reality TV?

• I like it.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 53 63.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Books, we are buying you a ticket to the Betty Ford Clinic.

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alone on the history channel is pretty good. They put like 12 guys in the woods on Vancouver Island, alone with cameras, and last one standing wins. And they just show the day to day stuff the guys do. One part showed a guy sitting in his shelter for 8 hours (time elapsed obviously) and what he did all day....which was nothing because it was cold and rainy. Just sat there and talked to himself for probably 10 minutes of the show.

Mountain men is another good show but its gone downhill.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers when they started. My wife watches a couple of those Real Housewives shows.

I know they are very cheap to produce, and therefore profitable for the networks, but it's pretty clear these shows are just dumbing us down further, and rewarding people for outrageous, crappy behavior.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers when they started. My wife watches a couple of those Real Housewives shows.

I know they are very cheap to produce, and therefore profitable for the networks, but it's pretty clear these shows are just dumbing us down further, and rewarding people for outrageous, crappy behavior.

I'm guessing you guys are just watching the wrong reality shows. Take "Treehouse Masters" for example. I had no idea that a whole industry had sprung up around what I thought was a kids activity. They build cool stuff and I've got some great ideas from them. "Cutthroat Kitchen" is another fine show. Who knew you could cook on an upside down wok? Or "Life Below Zero". I've been in Tok, Alaska at 55 below zero with a frozen fuel line on my truck but I didn't have to chop wood or haul water at that temp. Of the reality shows I chose to watch it seems I always pick up an idea or inspiration from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom