What is your opinion of reality television?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your opinion of reality TV?

• I like it.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 53 63.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Books, we are buying you a ticket to the Betty Ford Clinic.

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

Bobcatman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You gotta go up there and visit. I've been to Dawson City and visited some of the mines. Everytime I go is a wow! moment.
I would love it! I operate heavy machinery and have loved the mountains since I was a kid. I would do anything to spend a summer up there playing and hunting.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reality show I watch is "Street Outlaws" on the Discovery channel..............a show about illegal Oklahoma street racers.

I hate to ruin it for you but I drove past a "Street Outlaws" filming a few weeks ago on my way to work at 10:00 p.m. Road was blocked off by Tulsa PD, EMSA units on scene, light towers everywhere, concession trailer, RVs, etc. The length of their starting point to shutdown was about 1/8 mile (I drive through it twice a day). Listened to them from a mile away all night. Didn't see much reality.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to ruin it for you but I drove past a "Street Outlaws" filming a few weeks ago on my way to work at 10:00 p.m. Road was blocked off by Tulsa PD, EMSA units on scene, light towers everywhere, concession trailer, RVs, etc. The length of their starting point to shutdown was about 1/8 mile (I drive through it twice a day). Listened to them from a mile away all night. Didn't see much reality.
What you say is true. The show promoters have many safety requirements in place to satisfy the lawyers, but many people on the show have actually been part of the illegal street racing crowd for decades. As for the 1/8th-mile race distance, the cars on the show are built for much higher performance than you normally see street racing and if set up to race 1/4-mile or more they would reach ludicrously unsafe speeds that would require much longer shut down areas and drag-chutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom