What is your opinion of reality television?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your opinion of reality TV?

• I like it.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 53 63.1%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Books, we are buying you a ticket to the Betty Ford Clinic.

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing you guys are just watching the wrong reality shows. Take "Treehouse Masters" for example. I had no idea that a whole industry had sprung up around what I thought was a kids activity. They build cool stuff and I've got some great ideas from them. "Cutthroat Kitchen" is another fine show. Who knew you could cook on an upside down wok? Or "Life Below Zero". I've been in Tok, Alaska at 55 below zero with a frozen fuel line on my truck but I didn't have to chop wood or haul water at that temp. Of the reality shows I chose to watch it seems I always pick up an idea or inspiration from them.
That's why I don't call some of the ones in Alaska Reality shows. To me they are more of a DIY about survival. Never knew how to trap a weasel until saw some doing it. Traplines are sometimes almost a hundred miles long.
The methods they have to get water in the middle of winter from frozen rivers was interesting.
I love smoked salmon, but a steady diet would be boring. Rough life.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I don't call some of the ones in Alaska Reality shows. To me they are more of a DIY about survival. Never knew how to trap a weasel until saw some doing it. Traplines are sometimes almost a hundred miles long.
The methods they have to get water in the middle of winter from frozen rivers was interesting.
I love smoked salmon, but a steady diet would be boring. Rough life.

When we lived in the village of Wainwright, Alaska on the Arctic coast we'd go out to the fresh water lake in the winter and chop chunks of ice out. Haul that back to the house and put it in the big barrel next to the oil stove.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I to like the Alaska shows...hard to imagine the effort required to survive in the bush....when I was young I almost took off for the north country....but I had child support and an ex-wife that would have had me locked up if I fell behind....

Latest posts

Top Bottom