What is your vote for 1911 Pistol in .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had a Colt ACE for over 30 yrs, 1000's of rounds through it and never a failure with any brand of .22LR.

I have actually sat at a bench with my eyes closed and had a friend put the ACE in one hand and my 1911 in my other hand. Opened my eyes and fired. I could not tell which hand held the .45 and which was the .22LR. Did the same with several friends and they could not tell which was which either.

Not that it is a big deal, but I like the training with the .22 for cost savings and it shoots and recoils exactly like the .45.

Biggest drawback is Colts no longer makes the ACE. They can be found on the used market but can also, be a bit pricey. If I was in the market for a new one, I would probably go with the ????????? Gladly, I'm not in the market. LOVE LOVE LOVE my ACE!!!!!!!!!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up the new Browning 1911-22A1 Black Label; had the original Browning 1911-22, like this improved version. Black Label has the beavertail grip safety, ambi thumb safety, better sights, skeleton hammer and trigger, extended slide release.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=028B&cid=051&tid=814

Shot it with, Federal Auto Match and American Eagle, Remington Thunderbolts and Golden Bullets, and some CCI standard velocity, very accurate, functioned great -- Still little pricey -- Outstanding Firearm!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the GSG. I modified it with the CW Accessories Performance Enhancement kit and their upgraded firing pin. Replaced the trigger disconnect and sear with drop in 1911 parts. Shoots anything I feed it and is ridiculously accurate. Mine has a great trigger; better than my Colt LW Commander. I've got upwards of 6,000 rounds through it. My most fun pistol just for shooting. The finish sucks, so I removed it and the gun looks like crap now but it runs like a striped ass ape. Got it from PALMETTO STATE ARMORY on sale for $269 and the good people at Sooner State spawn transferred it for $10. Probably got another $100 in it as far as upgrades but worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the GSG. I modified it with the CW Accessories Performance Enhancement kit and their upgraded firing pin. Replaced the trigger disconnect and sear with drop in 1911 parts. Shoots anything I feed it and is ridiculously accurate. Mine has a great trigger; better than my Colt LW Commander. I've got upwards of 6,000 rounds through it. My most fun pistol just for shooting. The finish sucks, so I removed it and the gun looks like crap now but it runs like a striped ass ape. Got it from PALMETTO STATE ARMORY on sale for $269 and the good people at Sooner State spawn transferred it for $10. Probably got another $100 in it as far as upgrades but worth it in my opinion.

Based on this post, I'd say you're ancient. Guess how I figured it out.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh...you're right; I am older than dirt. Did you ascertain this fact by the number of 22 rounds I have expended or through the price of the pistol as I bought it from PSA?

Latest posts

Top Bottom