What is your vote for 1911 Pistol in .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK,

Many people like the 1911 pistol, but I want to know what brand do you feel like is the better of the 1911's in .22. I'm thinking about getting one (haven't really come up with a good reason, other than I want one) but I just haven't decided which.

Any help in either direction would be appreciated.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Chiappa Puma 1911-.22. Fun to shoot. If you ever read up on them, they can be finicky about ammo,but when you find what works in your gun, they are pretty good. I've had mine for going on 3 years, and my wife has mainly shot it, maybe 300-500 rds, so barely even broke in. Trigger pull isn't the best, but it's good for my wife to shoot. I haven't put but maybe 30-40rds through it myself. Always bring it with me though when I shoot, it's the first gun I give out for other people to shoot.

doug74066

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at the full size .22 1911's and didn't see the need. Then I saw the Browning 3/4 scale .22 1911 and had to have one. I love it. The only problem is, it is a Browning and has to have the clip in it to fire.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I look at the full size .22 1911's and didn't see the need. Then I saw the Browning 3/4 scale .22 1911 and had to have one. I love it. The only problem is, it is a Browning and has to have the clip in it to fire.

I'm with you. There is no need involved here, it is strictly a want. I have a buckmark and walther P22, so it's not like I need a 22 pistol. I just thought it would be fun to have a 1911 sized gun that shoots .22.

Does anyone have any experience with the SIG 1911-22

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buckmark and walther P22, so it's not like I need a 22 pistol. I just thought it would be fun to have a 1911 sized gun that shoots .22.

Does anyone have any experience with the SIG 1911-22

I own the GSG 1911-22 (same as the SIG). It's been great. I definitely prefer it over the P22 we have. Not sure I can say I like it better than my MkIII though.

Reason

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like shooting my Chiappa, but it definitely has extraction issues. I've fired several different manufacturers ammo, but haven't been able to find one it really likes. A friend of mine had the Sig and it didn't have any issues. I still enjoy shooting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom