What kind of fishing boat for lakes near Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First you need to decide what your going to use the boat for.
Speeding from one end of keystone to the other at 50mph
or maybe sliding it out of the back of your truck into Skiatook and fishing wildhorse shallow stumps.
I overbought the boat I once had.
I started out wanting a canoe or jon boat to retrieve ducks, fish creeks or farm ponds.
After talking to friends and family I ended up with a Bass tracker that in all the years I owned it I probably took it to the lake less than 20 times. Always wished I had bought the jon boat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant the line about a borrowed boat being the best kind :)
Lol, I guess that's true.
My issue is that everytime I borrow something, if it breaks or develops an issue that needs to be fixed,
I'm the sort of person that if it breaks in my possession, I feel obligated to get it back into operating condition as good or better than when I borrowed it.
That bites me in the $$$ ass occasionally, but I haven't lost a friend borrowing anything from them. I have lost some friends loaning things to them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I guess that's true.
My issue is that everytime I borrow something, if it breaks or develops an issue that needs to be fixed,
I'm the sort of person that if it breaks in my possession, I feel obligated to get it back into operating condition as good or better than when I borrowed it.
That bites me in the $$$ ass occasionally, but I haven't lost a friend borrowing anything from them. I have lost some friends loaning things to them.
Same here. When I return it, it's in same or better condition than when I borrowed it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. When I return it, it's in same or better condition than when I borrowed it.
Ditto.

Years ago, I borrowed a 2 bottom moldboard from a friend to break a garden spot. The rear plow's frame (2" x 2.5" maybe?) had been broken and welded together (crookedly), and sure enough it popped off again. Whoever repaired it had just welded one shallow bead around the break.

So my 30-minute garden project wound up being a half-day repair job. Torched each broken end of the frame to a taper, clamped it with angle iron to align it, and made multiple passes building it back up solid from the center.

For some reason, I rarely borrow stuff anymore... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom