What kind of mustang can go 208mph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that video it looks like it takes quite a bit of road and the the difference between 201 and 208 mph seems like it would be substantial. If 208mph really happened, that's impressive and insane!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The police need their radar recalibrated. I don't think 208 mph is possible on Oklahoma's crappy roads

Agreed...I do not think that 208 is the actual speed. But it's at least plausible that it can be accomplished in the car that he was driving. I drive that stretch of the turnpike regularly and I don’t see how it would be possible unless you have a car that would hit the 200 mph range in a much shorter distance...we're talking like a 8-9 second car. I wouldn't be shocked if the actual speed was closer to 158, which is a much higher speed than I would be comfortable driving any of the Mustangs that I previously owned....track or open road.

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really irritates the crap out of me when i see people speeding and putting it on youtube or messing around. Kind of like how i feel about drunk driving, i guess.

You can put yourself at risk all you want, but when you do **** like that you put other people at risk. This guy needs to spend a long time in the pokey.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that hard to do...Twin turbo's, pushing that Coyote to 1000+ horsepower could easily get it done. Like someone already said, a bone stock Shelby will do 200.

I'd bet that the limiting factor here in Oklahoma would be the horrible roads, not the car.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that hard to do...Twin turbo's, pushing that Coyote to 1000+ horsepower could easily get it done. Like someone already said, a bone stock Shelby will do 200.

I'd bet that the limiting factor here in Oklahoma would be the horrible roads, not the car.

Oklahoma has probably some of the worst roads i've ever driven on. But then again, i'm from Florida. Where the weather is fairly constant and everything is freaking flat.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed...I do not think that 208 is the actual speed. But it's at least plausible that it can be accomplished in the car that he was driving. I drive that stretch of the turnpike regularly and I don’t see how it would be possible unless you have a car that would hit the 200 mph range in a much shorter distance...we're talking like a 8-9 second car. I wouldn't be shocked if the actual speed was closer to 158, which is a much higher speed than I would be comfortable driving any of the Mustangs that I previously owned....track or open road.

I'd bet the first clock of 176 was quite possible. On a private track in another country..... I was able to punch from 80mph to 140mph with a measly 290hp pretty fast. The M5 version of my car will do something like 185mph, with 400hp. So a car with 600hp (not too terribly hard with an American V8) should be able to approach 200.

Latest posts

Top Bottom