What kind of mustang can go 208mph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome road...oh, I designed that one over wild horse mountain and saved the taxpayers $45 million on excavation alone.

It's a good road, except for the approach to the Arkansas River. Nice smooth concrete then crappy asphalt gravel nonsense. Wish we could get a nice concrete four lane like that from Poteau to Pocola, which is used much more. Instead they just did a terrible job repaving it and put in passing lanes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's a good road, except for the approach to the Arkansas River. Nice smooth concrete then crappy asphalt gravel nonsense. Wish we could get a nice concrete four lane like that from Poteau to Pocola, which is used much more. Instead they just did a terrible job repaving it and put in passing lanes.
Money is the object

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot of times it is helicopter with estimation based on telephone poles and distance covered etc.

On a second note my 78 nova lowered and different facia with a 350" (currently in my 57 4door) could hit 176MPH in 3/4 of a mile.
Th350 and 370 gears about 31" tall hoosiers.
It was nothing special a herbert solid flat tappet 235-245 @ .050 .500" lift lashed at .026" and on a 108 LSA just about 12.0 compression with old double hump heads angle milled to 54cc and .028" piston to head clearance Strip dominator intake and 750 carter afb.

I backed off the gas at 7600 rpm in 3rd..It would pull higher. But like stated shut down distance!!!!
Imagine if i had highway gears??? I bet that 350" did not make but around 400-430 hp It ran mid 11's in the 1/4

My car was set up for high speed(lots of caster) and pulling my trailers.
Those mustangs today will handle way better than the old fox bodies from the 80's.

a supercharger is all it takes to go 200.

My 47 dodge truck with a 350" with 268H comp cam would run 150 and sustain it ,, it made 261 HP at the wheels on it's best day.
200 mph today does not seem too hard.
You got supercharged cars "daily drivers" hitting 160MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom