What To Build With Remy 700BDL LA Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my gunsmith has a remedy for my plans to use the 700 action. He has said he can change the working diameter of the bolt face using a set screw installed into the face to make a round that is smaller center its self on the face and the firing pin. Im not familiar with the technique but he has full confidence in the method and has in fact done it many times over his 35+ yrs as an accomplished gunsmith. That said Im going to his shop today with the stuff for him to get started. He is confident I will have one of the most accurate 7.62x39 bolt guns around. He has a Shelen AA grade barrel to use in the project. He is going to blueprint the receiver, lap the bolt and true the threads of the receiver too. Im pumped. Looking to either go 18" or maybe 20" barrel length. Ordering a Boyds varmint stock today, and a timney trigger for it too.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Action length does matter if you planning to "feed" it.
But I am really interested in the build - did you go with 308 barrel (vs 311)? Twist? Hand loads? Bullets?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Action length does matter if you planning to "feed" it.
But I am really interested in the build - did you go with 308 barrel (vs 311)? Twist? Hand loads? Bullets?

yes .308 for 2 reasons. one- it requires that the ammo be US stuff and not the foreign military ammo. Two- If I ever wanted to convert it to a .308 caliber rifle I could have it rechambered and it would be good to go. I have seen the rifle in its final stages and it feeds and ejects with no issues. The gunsmith put a metal block in the box and changed the feeder ramp that hooks to the spring to a .243 size one. It feeds and ejects with no issues at all. Twist is 1-12 so it will probably shoot 125 grain bullets the best. It is built around a Shelen XX grade barrel which is their best I think. Pretty pumped about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom