what to do with holster in restricted areas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you leave your gun in a locked car so you can go into a restricted building, do you remove your holster also or do you wear the empty holster?
Some holsters (crossbreed for example) are kinda difficult to put on in a vehicle.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your holster is made of Kydex, don't leave it in the car in the summer. I left my M-tac in my car during the 100 degree days & the heat warped the kydex. I had to re-heat & re-shape with a torch. It makes sense now to not leave it in the car, but I just didn't think about it at the time.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm going into an area prohibited by statute but doesn't have metal detectors I leave the empty holster on. If the area has metal detectors I now take the holster off as well because of an event that happened to me at the state capitol. A couple of years ago going through the security check there I set the alarms off and had to get a pat-down. I told trooper about the empty holster before he did so and he told me that I couldn't have even the holster in the building. He also asked to see my concealed carry permit, as if it is required to wear a holster. I suppose I could have argued the point, but I didn't have time that day to be arrested, booked into jail, bailed out and drive to OKC a few dozen times to fight the issue.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom