What would you like to see changed, seasons-wise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can use your muzzleloader during rifle season and the bonus doe hunts in december.

So you really get an extra 9 days to use your muzzleloader where a rifle hunter only gets 16 days in regular season, you can use your muzzleloader for 25 days in regular seasons, not counting the bonus doe hunts......:contract:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since lifetime hunters licenses get their tags, why not lifetime fishing get a trout stamp every year?

Since trout are not native and have to be raised and released, they are very expensive to have around. That is why there is a trout stamp that is separate. The people that like to fish for them have to pay for them. I don't like to buy the trout stamp either and so I have only fished for trout a couple times in my life in Oklahoma.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
i'm with you varmit we need more doe days in the southeast during regular season and i would like to see the doe weekends during dec opened upfor us down there also they need to move the spring turkey up a couple weeks to start around the middle of march the gobblers are usually done by the second week of april and i would go for the trout stamp since i'm wanting to learn how.the earn a buck isn't a bad idea either they need to open the fur season limits to where there is no limits we have so many coon bobcats and yotes it's not funny

Reaction score
Oh yeah, good points on hogs..... First, off, they absolutely must eliminate this "rimfire or shot BB or smaller on public lands not during deer gun season thing" - ridiculous. Allow any firearm legal for deer, year round. Hire about a dozen more game wardens for enforcement against poachers, since that is the concern. Hopefully, the extra tags sold for public land hogs will pay for them.

Secondly, create & maintain on online system / database / brokerage house / 'meeting place' if you will, for hunters and landowners to get together. Any landowners that have problems with hogs, they put their name and contact info into the 'hat'; then hunters go look and contact them and are then free to try to obtain permission to hunt, either on a fee or no-fee basis - let the free market decide what the cost should be, if any. But the landowners should be encouraged to allow free hunting of their hogs by responsible hunters. This way, instead of the OWD *spending* a buttload of money on the damned helicopter to cull hogs, then will *make* money off tags.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waterfowl season starts too early and needs to be pushed back. The first half of the season consists of mostly local birds that get shot out pretty quickly. When the birds finally do start making their way into Oklahoma the season comes to an end. Being migratory birds, I understand it is not up to OK, but its still something I would like to see addressed. Maybe other migratory species need to be looked at as well. Seems like I see more dove sitting on wires and in milo fields well after the season ends.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QUOTE=imhntn;967444]I think they could take the season off all furbearers and not hurt the numbers at all.[/QUOTE]

I could go for this, as I trap for predator control, not to make money off the hides, as if there were any. Its a money losing thing for me to trap with a 45 mile trip one way, but I am more interested. As I only trap on my property, I'm probably not making much of a dent in the overall population, as more will move in, but for every nest robber I might get, that might help our upland bird
population a little bit any way. we need all the help we can get. The season is dismal to say the least. Coveys of quail with 3-4 birds, that we won't shoot at, and very few pheasant. This is my first year in memory that I haven't taken birds on a regular basis. I have some time off coming up next week, so at least I can get gunner out and have him earn a little of his dogfood.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom