Whataburger takes stand against Texas' new open carry law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I open carry, and I've open carried at Whataburger here in Oklahoma, at the NW Expressway/May Avenue location.

One time a person who worked there asked if I had a permit to carry that weapon, and I said that i did, but I did not show it to him. I don't think it was a big deal.

As a person who open carries daily, you would be surprised by the sheer number of people do not see/realize that I am carrying a firearm.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a breakfast sandwich this morning at the WB in Tulsa on 41st Street, between Yale & Sheridan and no sign was evident on either entry door or adjacent window. I'll keep looking at the other locations I go in Tulsa.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my belief that a Wedding Cake Baker should have the right to refuse to bake a Gay wedding cake if they don't want to. In order for me to believe that, I must also allow Whataburger to refuse service to those who Open carry. People always have to right to go somewhere else for services if they don't like store policy.

I don't think Whataburger directed this policy change at people who open carry like this..(even though they're LEO's)

farmflavor.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_09_1660514MJC2741_740x493.jpg

I think Whataburger targeted this policy change at the folks who were carrying longarms into their store, like this...

[Broken External Image]

217.218.67.233_photo_20150530_4fe1ccbd_a44b_4eab_8f39_68c5dafb4b5a.jpg

img.wonkette.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_12_Gun_kroger.jpg

Now I don't know these people, they might be salt of the earth, good folks. But I have NO idea of how competent they are at using or carrying a weapon safely.

Personally,..I wouldn't want to sit across the room with my back to them either, cause accidents do happen.

But that's just me...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom