Whatever happened to . . . ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have another pistol that I ALSO trust my life with.

Just because some people say the Hi-Point is a cheap piece of crap gun, does not make them right.

I have found it to be an economical weapon that is made with inexpensive materials (polymer frame and alloy slide), that functions flawlessly when taken care of properly, and a firearm that is comfortable to use, and a firearm with which I am as accurate with as any other firearm I have fired to date.

I'd say with confidence, you need to shoot some other pistols. But to each his own, I won't be causing a shortage of hipoints.

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the best thing you can say about Hi Points is that they are the very best available gun in their class--their class being a sub-$200 gun. They are generally quite accurate and reliable. Magazines are hit-or-miss, though, and just as in any semi-automatic pistol, the magazine is crucial to overall reliability.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the best thing you can say about Hi Points is that they are the very best available gun in their class--their class being a sub-$200 gun. They are generally quite accurate and reliable. Magazines are hit-or-miss, though, and just as in any semi-automatic pistol, the magazine is crucial to overall reliability.

I don't know about that, the Taurus PT111 G2 goes on sale regularly for $200. Sweet little pistol for $200.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to own a Hi Point C9. The gun was good for what it was. I got rid of it because I got tired of fussing with the magazines every other day trying to get them to feed reliably without dumping their contents all over the place--one 10 round magazine did that as I was turning from the loading bench to take two steps to the firing line at Medlock's! That was the last time I shot the gun.

As for higher quality pistols in the same price range I've had my eye on the SCCY CPX-2 for a long time. I just haven't had the need to buy one... yet.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SCCY CPX 2 seems to be another good one for the money. I have shot one for several hundred rounds w/o any problems. Look at youtube videos also. I might want one...

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had a hi point carbine in .40, was plenty reliable, and accurate enough, so i got the pistol to match. never fired a magazine through it without multiple malfunctions. the pin wouldn't even hit primer half the time. FTE was common... tried different mags, which all worked fine in the carbine, different ammo, which all worked fine in the carbine, tried polishing, cleaning, etc. never could get it to fire even 2/3 of the time.

threw it in with the carbine when i sold it to a buddy. he traded the pistol for a nice 870 wingmaster.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had a hi point carbine in .40, was plenty reliable, and accurate enough, so i got the pistol to match. never fired a magazine through it without multiple malfunctions. the pin wouldn't even hit primer half the time. FTE was common... tried different mags, which all worked fine in the carbine, different ammo, which all worked fine in the carbine, tried polishing, cleaning, etc. never could get it to fire even 2/3 of the time.

threw it in with the carbine when i sold it to a buddy. he traded the pistol for a nice 870 wingmaster.

Every gun manufacturer has a real lemon produced every now and then. With their 100% anything goes wrong warrantee, you could have sent it to them and they would have fixed any problems free of charge, if they can't fix a problem, they will take the frame, melt the polymer off of the serial number insert, and put that serial number insert into a new frame, and build you a brand new gun. They would then return it to you with a free extra magazine for your trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom