Whatever happened to . . . ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These days all you hear about are Glocks and nines and so forth, even (maybe especially) among gangbangers. I'm sure there are some law enforcement officers on this forum. Is that what you are seizing from street thugs these days? They have sure upgraded their weaponry, but I sometimes wonder how many thousands of those old Rohm .22s are gathering dust in closets.

One night when clearing the parking lot at the nightclub some idiot rolled by and popped off a couple of rounds and sped off down the road as did the remaining customers in the parking lot. One of the security staff saw something fall in the street and upon investigation realized it was a magazine loaded with about six rounds. One of the security guards picked up the magazine out the street and stuck it in an envelope since we figured it might need to be preserved for evidence if it turned out someone had been shot.

About 30 minutes later the same car rolled by looking for its missing magazine. I was in my vehicle at the time so I sped up behind the car to get a license plate and to my surprise the driver pulled in a neighboring business and parked in a parking place. I pulled in behind him and shined my lights in his mirror. One of the security guys ran up at about that time and yelled for the occupants to get out of the car and lay out the ground and for whatever reason, they complied. Security then cuffed them up and we called the police. They didn't find the gun that matched the magazine but in looking for it they did find a not insignificant amount of drugs and some scales. The sergeant even gave us a "good work."

All this is to illustrate that even a Tulsa drug dealer is carrying a cheap gun that the magazine falls out of when trying to terrorize a parking lot full of people. We took a few other guns off of people in our years there and it was never anything decent like a Glock. I remember a Lorcin and a Hi-Point among some other cheap type variants whose brands I don't recall.

Jupiter Fulminator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very nice post
bilshun.top_az_75_o.png
Take a stroll, troll!

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Hi-Point C9. I bought it because it was inexpensive, and I honestly liked the way if fit my hand better than any other gun I had looked at.
I followed the advice on the Hi-Point forum and polished the feed ramp, and bent in the magazine a little at the top.
I currently have put several thousand rounds through it, and have only had two failure to feed jams with it. I blame them on my grip on the gun. Being a blowback gun, a stiff grip is required for it to properly cycle.
It's definitely not a pretty gun, but I really am not expecting anyone who has it pointed at them to be going "Oooh, nice gun!"

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Hi-Point C9. I bought it because it was inexpensive, and I honestly liked the way if fit my hand better than any other gun I had looked at.
I followed the advice on the Hi-Point forum and polished the feed ramp, and bent in the magazine a little at the top.
I currently have put several thousand rounds through it, and have only had two failure to feed jams with it. I blame them on my grip on the gun. Being a blowback gun, a stiff grip is required for it to properly cycle.
It's definitely not a pretty gun, but I really am not expecting anyone who has it pointed at them to be going "Oooh, nice gun!"

Tell me you have other pistols you trust your life with.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me you have other pistols you trust your life with.

I do have another pistol that I ALSO trust my life with.

Just because some people say the Hi-Point is a cheap piece of crap gun, does not make them right.

I have found it to be an economical weapon that is made with inexpensive materials (polymer frame and alloy slide), that functions flawlessly when taken care of properly, and a firearm that is comfortable to use, and a firearm with which I am as accurate with as any other firearm I have fired to date.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom