What's in a name?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is an OLD online tag. When I first got into IRC in 96 I needed a name. At the time I was a huge DragonLance fan. So I used Tanis (one of the main characters) and originally it was Tanis037, the last numbers were part of my email address at West Point. I met my wife on IRC back in 99 and when we realized we had feelings for each other I changed it to Tanis143 and its been that ever since. This same name has been on many forums, a couple of gaming communities, a few gaming clans, etc.

Now I used to have a CB handle from way back in the day. Anyone who was on the Moore Town Channel (channel 2) from 93 to 95 might remember me as Popeye.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Winner of the chicken dinner! I started playing the tv trivia games at Henry Hudson's after I had been fired (was dating the company comptroller and the famous owner found out). I've used this 'handle' since 1989.

One of my now friends asked if it was "A"...…. Turns out that in the 70's, he was a pilot for an 'operation'. He had been an F-4 Phantom driver in Vietnam and had gotten bored with the airlines.

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I was prone to doing a lot of team roping and very little working. I was trying to date a rich ranchers daughter and he told her I was nothin but a saddlebum, my buddies thought it was funny and it stuck. But things change . Oh I still don't do much work , but I don't team rope anymore either

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, gee...

...I'm not sure on mine.

Certainly not my CB handle for the '70's. Back then I chose "Bushwhacker," but then another driver for the same company when we were running 18-wheelers in Kansas started calling me the "Oklahoma Pollock." His is the one that everyone wanted to use. Even ran into some folks running along I-70 in Kansas that upon hearing my handle, wanted to meet me at a truck stop. Got together in the restaurant and started introducing ourselves. Come to find out, they were all Poles, so I had to explain that I was pure Okie.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well......I pretty much been ranchin forever. The name cowboy is used so daggum much that I don't think it's cool. I'm kinda known to catch a cow no matter how fast we need to go no matter how rough the country or at what cost soooooo......yeah I'm me and Saddlebum was already taken. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom