What's the best way to have internet in the country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using @Link for the past 4 years and have been fairly happy with them. You won't be able to get the highest level package unless you are within a certain distance of a tower, and you have more or less line of sight to it. We had issues in the beginning connecting to a distant tower through trees which forced them to use a 900mhz frequency, but since they've installed transmitters on a local water tower close by, we've been switched to 5ghz and it's been flawless. We use XBox live heavily and the 3.0dl / 1.5 ul package has worked fine. I've also been told by their techs that they are in the process of upgrading their transmitters to allow for higher speeds.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with Hughes.net for several years and find nothing wrong with their service. I am aslo considering DiretcTV as i now bundles Sat TV, Telephone and Internet services.

As far as which service will be best for you - write down your specific "cannot live without" requirements and price range, then call the Customer Service people and compare what they tell you with their brochure. Then compare toe various companies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if available in your area, we use the service provided by NODA. $39.00/month for the service and equipment is rental, something goes wrong with it they come replace or fix for free. Don't remember the speed, but I can tell no difference between it and the DSL at work. They broadcast it off of the top of grain elevators in towns around Enid. Sounds very similar to what FakeHuman has.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whatever you do, do NOT get wildblue. the usage rates suck, the lag time sucks, the price sucks. we found a company out of duke that services all over the place; its called southwest oklaoma internet company (swoi). my neighbor has a tower location across the street so i get zero lag, which is great because i like to play first person shooter games online. there are no download limits, hardly ever goes out, and the price aint bad.

see if there is some kind of local company where you are.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One other thing, if you'll be using it a lot, using VPN, or doing a lot of online gaming, satellite internet probably won't be a good choice. Too much latency

Latest posts

Top Bottom