Whats with all the down time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From our friendly neighborhood Osa website administrator....

Occasionally the MYSQL gets some wierd memory errors and causes an upchuck situation. I usually have to go in and bounce the service or reboot the server to get it to clear properly.

I need to do a rebuild on the database and reboot the whole VM here in the next few days and I'm hoping that will stabilize it a bit.

I also need to go in when I get the chance and delete old messages out of the databae to trim the size down. That too will help the memory situation out.

And... of course other times there are some problems on the provider's end and there's not too much I can do about those.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Occasionally the MYSQL gets some wierd memory errors and causes an upchuck situation. I usually have to go in and bounce the service or reboot the server to get it to clear properly.

I need to do a rebuild on the database and reboot the whole VM here in the next few days and I'm hoping that will stabilize it a bit.

I also need to go in when I get the chance and delete old messages out of the databae to trim the size down. That too will help the memory situation out.

And... of course other times there are some problems on the provider's end and there's not too much I can do about those.

Thanks Chris, for relaying the message and letting us all know what the deal is.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's why I mentioned something about running 2 VPS's dedicated to specific tasks.

Of course... a $5/yr fee for the classifieds might help... :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom