Where are all the USPSA people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have a few USPSA folks in here. Let’s see your competition setup!

315AE4D0-E2FC-4506-A9EE-093D871D090C.jpeg
I just installed my Henning Group shadow 2 (24+1) mag extension. These will be nice for the next OKCGC match.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice setup!
We quit shooting USPSA in Ponca because ammo got expensive and very few wanted to pay $4 a gallon for gas to drive here.
It's been a year since shooting a match. I miss it.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shoot the monthly OKCGC match and the Duncan match every month. I haven’t heard of the Ponca city match. We’re at Kaw lake often. I’ll have to look into it. I know that feeling, these primer prices hurt!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shoot the monthly OKCGC match and the Duncan match every month. I haven’t heard of the Ponca city match. We’re at Kaw lake often. I’ll have to look into it. I know that feeling, these primer prices hurt!
The matches are shut down for now. It's unknown if/when they will ever start up again.
I shot the OKCGC and the USSA matches for many years. Pretty much every weekend was spent traveling. Weeknights reloading.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The matches are shut down for now. It's unknown if/when they will ever start up again.
I shot the OKCGC and the USSA matches for many years. Pretty much every weekend was spent traveling. Weeknights reloading.
I miss those days. OKCGC, H&H, ADA, USSA, SCRAP, DTR, Old Fort. Made the trip to Ponca a few times myself. Used to shoot at least one match every weekend and a bunch of them were two matches.

I'd like to get back at it, but I really don't think my knees would care for all the low ports that are so popular now, especially in 3 gun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss those days. OKCGC, H&H, ADA, USSA, SCRAP, DTR, Old Fort. Made the trip to Ponca a few times myself. Used to shoot at least one match every weekend and a bunch of them were two matches.

I'd like to get back at it, but I really don't think my knees would care for all the low ports that are so popular now, especially in 3 gun.
Forgot about the matches at H&H and the Range up north in Edmond that is closed. Hit those too.
When we started traveling all the time, I'd check in with local gun ranges, and was told they would try to put them on, but not enough shooters showed up to make it worth their time to set up. Cities of over a million residents.
Oklahoma was the top USPSA location overall for several years. We had a large number per capita of Grand Master shooters when compared to other states with larger populations.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prior to Covid, I shot IDPA, USPSA, and 3 gun pretty much every weekend. Once Covid hit and the ammo prices skyrocketed I was still doing it about once to twice a month. Then work got in the way and I didn’t shoot a match for a year. I’m slowly getting back into it and I’ve been to a few of the OKGC matches. I would show you a picture of my set up but it’s nothing cool. Just a basic budget Comptac and cr speed setup.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This was us ... I remember meeting Grumpy at the door every single day after work with gun bags and ammo in the car and off to H&H we'd go. We shot a match somewhere every single weekend. I sure miss it ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jeez ... The old guys that would shoot H&H, man they don't make them like those fellas any more. 😢

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prior to Covid, I shot IDPA, USPSA, and 3 gun pretty much every weekend. Once Covid hit and the ammo prices skyrocketed I was still doing it about once to twice a month. Then work got in the way and I didn’t shoot a match for a year. I’m slowly getting back into it and I’ve been to a few of the OKGC matches. I would show you a picture of my set up but it’s nothing cool. Just a basic budget Comptac and cr speed setup.
My setup was pretty much budget oriented, but I loved getting in there and sending lots of rounds down range.
The match directors always came up with some devious stages that would test your skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom