Where are all the USPSA people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, not the uspsa matches. I was too scared to go to them. I met you at heartland. I remember the name, couldn’t pick you out of a crowd anymore though. Never have been good with faces
I was scared as hell at my first match, but the match director pulled me to the side and told me, that I was not going to win the match now or in the foreseeable future, so put that behind yourself. What you will do is learn and have a great time. Everyone will help you if you ask them.
Took that advice and moved on. He was right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe some day I will get there lol
Just do it. About the time USPSA slowed down because of the ammo shortage, I took my M&P 5" Pro with only a trigger mod and mag well that was in the limited division to the race gun division as the vision in one eye was having some issues. Needed a dot to shoot. Could have removed the mag well and been good to go in the carry gun division but decided to just go all out and see if I could keep up with the high dollar race guns. Of course, I couldn't because of mainly the operator, but it was fun.
Dumping rounds and running is fun.
Developing a stage strategy is fun.
Executing the stage strategy is fun.
Damn I miss it!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My "rig" would bore you. A Wilderness instructors belt, one piece Blade Tech holster and double mag holder from 2000. As for where are the USPSA people?? Well out shooting, or at work... 😁
Now I really don't consider myself a USPSA person, but it's a good place to go play.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We kinda lost interest in the IDPA and other sanctioned matches because of the “gamers” and classes and rules for guns. we organized our own group of 10-12 great guys that meets once a week and run IDPA style courses.

Goal is strictly run a safe course and improve defensive handgun skills. We have everything including moving targets (swingers, leaner, plate racks, and even a runner that scoots 40 ft left to right across the berm). We run the IDPA 5x5 qualifier every couple months to see if we are getting better. Wife calls it “gun games”.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only
I was scared as hell at my first match, but the match director pulled me to the side and told me, that I was not going to win the match now or in the foreseeable future, so put that behind yourself. What you will do is learn and have a great time. Everyone will help you if you ask them.
Took that advice and moved on. He was right.
glad to give you that advice Sonny boy
You probably don’t fit on my lap anymore

Latest posts

Top Bottom