Where can I get one of these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why would you need a stamp for that??

Something about it's ability to fire while in the holster. :anyone:

Seems like I read that somewhere. :rolleyes2 The Galco wallet style that you can carry a Beretta .22 in and fire it from requires a stamp, I was told.

Like I said...maybe one of our NFA/full-auto gurus will show up and answer some questions for us. ;)

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that was only for wallet holsters where you fire through the wallet itself? There is one for the LCP that is basically the same concept made by Loopers. It was determined it didn't require a stamp.

B

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a long discussion GED. There are right and wrong answers posted. Contact Bart at Looper leather about the holster guns as he has a letter albiet for another type....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was $200 as well as a $5 stamp.

Am I wrong? Where's all the full auto guys? :fullauto:

Nope - if it is an AOW, its only a $5 tax stamp. If this ends up being a destructive device, then its $200 (full-auto, suppressor, SBR, SBS, all require $200 but AOWs are only $5).

I can't remember what "firing in a holster" makes it - destructive device or AOW.

Either way, does that piece of plastic have a serial number?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope - if it is an AOW, its only a $5 tax stamp. If this ends up being a destructive device, then its $200 (full-auto, suppressor, SBR, SBS, all require $200 but AOWs are only $5).

I can't remember what "firing in a holster" makes it - destructive device or AOW.

Either way, does that piece of plastic have a serial number?

I'd say an AOw like a pen gun or cellphone gun. and RDF i know you are joking but there is only one revolver you can suppress and thats a nagant

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the holster disguises the gun so that it does not look like a gun in it's firing condition, then the holster needs to be registered as an AOW. AOW's cost $5 to transfer if they are already in the registry. I would say that this is a non-NFA item as it is clearly a gun in it's firing condition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom