Where Can One Shoot In Stillwater Area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a range to shoot rim-fire in the Stillwater area. Im giving my son in law a nice modified Savage bull barrel target rifle but he needs a range to shoot at in the Stillwater area. Help appreciated.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this an outdoor range? What kind of setup do they have, ie, how far out can one shoot, what are membership dues, how many shooting tables, etc? Tnks for your input too!!!

I went to camp corner last month, The range is outdoors, $10 I believe. There is a Bermed in 15ish yard pistol range with a covered concrete pad, a 2 station 25yd Bermed in area for rifles, shotguns and pistols, and a Bermed in 100 yard area with enough room for 2-3 shooters. My opinion? The range is complete garbage. I couldn't believe I even paid to go there. Little to no cover unless you're shooting a pistol, the concrete on the 25 yard rifle range is just a pair of concrete slabs that were just thrown down on the dirt, there is trash and spent rounds everywhere, no range personell and nothing worthwhile. The only seats out there is an old busted up duece and a half rear bench, and the only tables are a concrete slab on the 100 yard range and a pair of surplus engine boxes on the 25 yard range. Oh and, they sell the shoot-n-see targets at the store, but they don't stick to their "targets", which are nothing more than plastic sheets from some sort of milsurp sonething or other. So pretty much they don't have targets or boards to put your targets on either. I wouldn't even allow myself to keep a personal range in my back yard looking like this place did.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Camo corner is still being developed so some might find it a bit on the crude side,,,
As it's a fairly new place and they are making improvements as they can.

Nice people and they are trying to build something nice,,,
I attended an Appleseed there back in 2014.

Porta-Potties are few and far between though.

Stillwater Rifle & Pistol club is a members only range,,,
Unless you know a member you can't shoot there.

It's not expensive to join,,,
$145 the first year and $45 a year after that.

The difficulty in joining is this,,,
You send your money in and they approve you,,,
Then you must attend the Range Orientation to get access to the range.

Again this isn't too onerous,,,
But they only give the class one Sunday a month,,
And they don't offer the class at all in November and December.

But once you are a member it's all smooth sailing,,,
You get the combination to the gate lock,,,
And can shoot sun-up to sun-down,,,
365 days a year.

As far as I know,,,
They are the only ranges near Stillwater.

I've been hearing rumors of a range going in near Glencoe/Morison,,,
But I have no firm details about that as yet.

Aarond

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned above, Camo Corner is still a work in progress. The people that run it are good folks and they have a good vision of where they would eventually like to get. Like any other small business, resources are limited and things don't always happen as fast as everyone would like. I would be curious to know if you shared your feedback with them. No one can fix what they may not know is broken.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Camo Corner is awesome. The bays have berms on 3 sides, and if you come at a not too busy day or tme, you can usually get one to yourself and can run all sorts of drills you normally can't at most public ranges. You can drag the backers around and set the range up however you want at any distance you want (out to 100 yards on the long lane). There is usually some steel sitting out at 100 yards too. $10 for all day. Just bring a stapler or some push pins for attaching targets.

FYI we are having another Appleseed there on Nov. 7-8. There is a thread on it in the competitions/upcoming events section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom