Where the heck can I find some Zinc to do some plating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap. I'm probably on the no fly list now
Yer killin' me here...
www.556files.net_styles_default_xenforo_smilies.retro3_rolling.gif

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly didn't know zinc was that dangerous. When I was a kid we use to melt our own lead weights for fishing.
Yep....me and two brothers, Larry and......and.......my other brother (what ever his name is) and we never had any problems.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly didn't know zinc was that dangerous. When I was a kid we use to melt our own lead weights for fishing.
Yep....me and two brothers, Larry and......and.......my other brother (what ever his name is) and we never had any problems.
Seriously though a local chemical company used to stock zinc balls back in the day sold them to players, they have a new more of zinc plating now it's mechanical, they roll **** around in a tumbler with zinc powder and peads and somehow zinc Pete screws and what not

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zinc is the reason welding galvanized pipe/etc. is so harmful. It can make you want to hurl pretty quick if you get a snoot-full of fumes (always did for me anyway).

However, folks have worked at companies that make galvanized fencing for years, because the zinc melting temp is much lower. Welding temps are much higher (to melt the steel) than is necessary to melt zinc and plate with it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crap. I'm probably on the no fly list now

Yep, and your days of just walking yourself all in all cavalier like and shizz and buying a gun at a gun store are over, buster. That's right; O. V. E. R. You will never get a "proceed'' again, now that the .gov knows that you are a penny-melter. That's right; you and your brother Larry and your other brother...uh, Moe, I think it is...yeah, you three are out of the firearms hobby for sure now. Your only hope of avoiding a long stretch of hard time with a bunch of poachers and rapers and stealers and so on is to hurry your felonious self up here and turn all your guns and ammo over to me; see; I'm a Mod and we get special treatment from the secret G-Men and stuff so they will be safe with me anyway. So hurry! If you leave now and take the back roads, you just might make it before they catch you in the dragnet!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hurry your felonious self up here and turn all your guns and ammo over to me; see; I'm a Mod and we get special treatment from the secret G-Men and stuff so they will be safe with me anyway. So hurry! If you leave now and take the back roads, you just might make it before they catch you in the dragnet!
ROFL! :D

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, and your days of just walking yourself all in all cavalier like and shizz and buying a gun at a gun store are over, buster. That's right; O. V. E. R. You will never get a "proceed'' again, now that the .gov knows that you are a penny-melter. That's right; you and your brother Larry and your other brother...uh, Moe, I think it is...yeah, you three are out of the firearms hobby for sure now. Your only hope of avoiding a long stretch of hard time with a bunch of poachers and rapers and stealers and so on is to hurry your felonious self up here and turn all your guns and ammo over to me; see; I'm a Mod and we get special treatment from the secret G-Men and stuff so they will be safe with me anyway. So hurry! If you leave now and take the back roads, you just might make it before they catch you in the dragnet!
I agree with everything you said. The only thing that bothers me, is your description of the stretch I might do and the things that might go on during the stretch. Sounds like my neighbors last Super bowl party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom