Where will you open carry, if anywhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a concealed carry instructor from the beginning but,I'm afraid open carry will bring trouble . If it brings enough trouble will we risk loosing concealed carry. I won't open carry if it passes.

I'm afraid you're right. If Oklahoma breaks this new ground we have no way of knowing how people will react. The numerous other states that allow open carry are not like Oklahoma. We can't use their experiences to forecast that NOTHING will happen when you allow law abiding citizens to exercise their God given right to keep and BEAR arms.:rtfm:

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're right. If Oklahoma breaks this new ground we have no way of knowing how people will react. The numerous other states that allow open carry are not like Oklahoma. We can't use their experiences to forecast that NOTHING will happen when you allow law abiding citizens to exercise their God given right to keep and BEAR arms.:rtfm:

Right ON Brother!!! :smash:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a concealed carry instructor from the beginning but,I'm afraid open carry will bring trouble . If it brings enough trouble will we risk loosing concealed carry. I won't open carry if it passes.

What kind of trouble? If the cops are aware that OC is legal it won't come from them. It might upset the sheople but when they call in man with a gun the 911 dispatchers will in due time learn to ask the appropriate questions so that the cops aren't even bothered with the problem as they do in states like VA and AZ.

So...
Again...

What kind of trouble? Are OK citizens not as law abiding and responsible as those citizens in states where OC is the law and unrestricted? They don't have problems there - why would OK be any different?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So Mr. instructor from the beginning... are we permit holders too stupid to use correct OC ethics?

You sound like that LEO who hates citizens being armed.

(not saying LEO's are against, but theres always that ONE LEO that is)

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i won't on purpose, but i will feel beter about printing, or accidental showings....... as of now leo can call that brandishing.............

I have never seen anyone charged with "brandishing" just because their shirt accidentally rode up. Has anyone here been charged with that? We were at dinner the other night and a guy in the booth got up to get some food. As he got up I noticed his shirt had rode up and was revealing the butt of a revolver. When he came back to sit down BB informed him of this. He politely thanked her and that was that. No screams of horror or SWAT teams descending on the place or anything. I say big deal if your shirt rides up. I can remeber a couple of times in uniform I told someone their weapon was showing. Didnt ask for ID or immediately haul them off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll probably stay concealed with mine. I carry open already when hunting, but only when getting to the field.

Besides, my kimber and my speedo don't match.:D

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone charged with "brandishing" just because their shirt accidentally rode up. Has anyone here been charged with that? We were at dinner the other night and a guy in the booth got up to get some food. As he got up I noticed his shirt had rode up and was revealing the butt of a revolver. When he came back to sit down BB informed him of this. He politely thanked her and that was that. No screams of horror or SWAT teams descending on the place or anything. I say big deal if your shirt rides up. I can remeber a couple of times in uniform I told someone their weapon was showing. Didnt ask for ID or immediately haul them off.

GC and BB.... you guys are great!

Thank You for all you do!!

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically, inadvertently exposing your concealed weapon is not brandishing.

Per Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: brandish
1 : to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly
2 : to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

I actually laughed a bit when one of the Reps stated something about brandishing a weapon in public by having it visible in a holster. That isn't brandishing. At best, it is displaying a weapon.

I really don't know what the situation is called if you violate the SDA statue and expose your previously concealed weapon. I'd have to go look at the SDA and see if I could find it.

And :thumbup3: to GG for the guy with the revolver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom